Window title text colour

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
JMJimmy1

Window title text colour

Post by JMJimmy1 »

I'm currently configuring a windows 7 system to match windows XP royale noir theme as close as possible. One snag I've run into is that Firefox chooses to ignore the system theme as it pertains to the "Active Title" (aka the window's title bar both active and inactive) colour & font settings. As a result I end up with black on black which is very hard to read, even with the dropshadow. I need to update this from Firefox's default black to white. I believe this can be done via about:config and the ui. settings but so far everything I've tried has not had an effect.

Is there a way to resolve this?

Re: Window title text colour

Post by Guest »

right click the Desktop
click Personalize
click Window color and appearance
click [Advanced]
click Message Box
    color 1 .......... white
    color 2 .......... gray
    color ............ black
JMJimmy1

Post by JMJimmy1 »

As stated in the OP, Firefox is ignoring the system settings. It's the only program on the system that has black text in the title bar, everything else has white text currently.
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

Firefox can actually affect the titlebar colours in Windows 7? I did not think that it could do anything to the appearance of the titlebar.

Post by Guest »

maybe I misread the colors you want. Maybe you want
    color 1 ........ black
    color 2 ........ gray
    color .......... white
JMJimmy1

Post by JMJimmy1 »

Guest wrote:maybe I misread the colors you want. Maybe you want
    color 1 ........ black
    color 2 ........ gray
    color .......... white

Again, as stated in the OP - it doesn't matter. if I set those to fuscia, gold, and aquamarine - Firefox overrides the system default and puts black text with a white accent colour.
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

Does it happen in a brand new profile? If no, then the problem is either with the theme you're using or your userChrome.css customizations.

Are you just using Windows' built-in customization options, or some third-party application like WindowBlinds?
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

GBM, to my knowledge, Firefox 3.6 does not change the titlebar colors. There may be some themes or extensions that change these colors, but Firefox always follows the OS settings.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
JMJimmy1

Post by JMJimmy1 »

Gingerbread Man wrote:Does it happen in a brand new profile? If no, then the problem is either with the theme you're using or your userChrome.css customizations.

Are you just using Windows' built-in customization options, or some third-party application like WindowBlinds?

100% Windows 7, no 3rd party applications/plugins. Firefox is a fresh install/profile. I've spent a bit more time with it and it seems that FF only ignores the system settings when maximized. When FF is not maximized it adopts the proper settings.
JMJimmy1

Post by JMJimmy1 »

Please disregard question. Aparently it's an oversight in the Windows "advanced appearance settings" - Active Title Bar Maximized is different from Active Title Bar and requires editing the msstyles file with a hex editor - there is no option to change it any other way.