Embedded Windows Media/Launch.com in Firefox 1.0

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Keifer27

Post by Keifer27 »

Thanks everyone for the Launch.com video fix, however, I still can't get the Radio Stations to work. I have to use the User Agent Switcher to change it to IE 6. It brings up the Radio Player and then says "Done" in the lower left hand corner of Firefox and doesn't do anything else. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Vectorspace

Post by Vectorspace »

RPGMaker35 wrote:whenever i go to http://tsn.ca/ , FF says The active X plugin caused an error and advises me to restart. what's the problem?

EDIT: also, when attempting to view a movie, it gets stuck on a flash movie lot loaded error. i've waited about 10 mins, and nothing :/

EDIT2: nvm i had obj-TABS enabled

EDIT3: ok, now i stlll cant get movies to load on tsn.ca

You need to be registered with http://tsn.ca to view the video's so I can't test them. The "The active X plugin caused an error and advises me to restart" problem sounds similar to one that involved Firefox running an incompatable version of the plugin. What version of Firefox and what version of the plugin are you using?

ajgude wrote:Help--I downloaded the plug-in to my Temp file-but I don't understand the next direction of opening up Firefox and dragging the plug-in file. Thanks.

You know how, in Windows, you can hold the left mouse button on a file, and then drag the file icon? You need to do that: Open Firefox, and shrink the window so that you can also see the xpi file. Move the mouse pointer over the icon, and then hold down the left mouse button. MOving the mouse will drag the file icon, so drag it over the open Firefox Window, then let go of the mouse button.

Keifer27 wrote:Thanks everyone for the Launch.com video fix, however, I still can't get the Radio Stations to work. I have to use the User Agent Switcher to change it to IE 6. It brings up the Radio Player and then says "Done" in the lower left hand corner of Firefox and doesn't do anything else. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I state in Note 3 in the notes section of the guide, that we believe that Launch/Yahoo radio does not work in Firefox, even with ActiveX.
"All things being equal, the simplest answer is usually the correct one" - Occam's Razor
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20110624 Thunderbird/5.0
Old RPGM35

Post by Old RPGM35 »

Vectorspace wrote:
RPGMaker35 wrote:whenever i go to http://tsn.ca/ , FF says The active X plugin caused an error and advises me to restart. what's the problem?

EDIT: also, when attempting to view a movie, it gets stuck on a flash movie lot loaded error. i've waited about 10 mins, and nothing :/

You need to be registered with http://tsn.ca to view the video's so I can't test them. The "The active X plugin caused an error and advises me to restart" problem sounds similar to one that involved Firefox running an incompatable version of the plugin. What version of Firefox and what version of the plugin are you using?
the 1.0 version, i fixed it by disabling obj-tabs in Adblock

and to get in:http://bugmenot.com/view.php?url=tsn.ca
clutepc

Media Player Fix

Post by clutepc »

Unless I missed it, does anyone have an idea when there might be a simple fix to the Media player issue.
Trying to get new users on the browser makes it hard if programs such as this don't work by default.
I don't mind real player but there is a long list of those who won't run it.
Just curious..
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

ajgude wrote:Help--I downloaded the plug-in to my Temp file-but I don't understand the next direction of opening up Firefox and dragging the plug-in file. Thanks.
JUst drag the file u downloaded and drop it over any open window/tab on FireFox and then let go. U should see an install prompt. click INSTALL and Restart firefox .... voila !!

Keifer27 wrote:Thanks everyone for the Launch.com video fix, however, I still can't get the Radio Stations to work. I have to use the User Agent Switcher to change it to IE 6. It brings up the Radio Player and then says "Done" in the lower left hand corner of Firefox and doesn't do anything else. Any suggestions? Thanks!
RADIO does not work. Only VIDEO
Maxdout38

Post by Maxdout38 »

RPGMaker35 wrote:
whenever i go to http://tsn.ca/ , FF says The active X plugin caused an error and advises me to restart. what's the problem?

My Issue: (Maxdout38)

I went to that site and the videos would not load for me.

I have the active X loaded alo tried the User Agent Switcher to change to Internet exploer and Ad-blocker Obj-Tabs unchecked?

Any suggestions?
David Theuerl
Running (Windows 7): (Firefox 13.0.1) Mozilla/5.0
polefroggy

"Download With" extension help

Post by polefroggy »

In Note 6 you talk about what the "Download With" extension will do for media player. I am interested in trying it out but when I click the link it goes nowhere. It brings up a blank tab. Can you please point me in the right direction? Thanx for all your help.
AnonEmoose

Re: "Download With" extension help

Post by AnonEmoose »

polefroggy wrote:In Note 6 you talk about what the "Download With" extension will do for media player. I am interested in trying it out but when I click the link it goes nowhere. It brings up a blank tab. Can you please point me in the right direction? Thanx for all your help.

try this link instead http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=203
For other issues Please ask the question in Extension section of the forum or ask your question in the DownloadWith thread over there... Let's try to keep this thread audio/video related to the activeX plugin...
-dt-

Post by -dt- »

it dosnt seem to be working for me :( is this page sposed to work http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/wmp_movies.htm because i dont see the media player and the buttons dont work , i have media player 10 and running Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041108 Firefox/1.0 (ax)
din100

Post by din100 »

yea same thing happen to me wat i did is unstall the media player 10 then run the activx plug in again and then tried it it's all worked try tat
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b4) Gecko/20050908 (No IDN) Firefox/1.4
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8b4) Gecko/20050908 (No IDN) Firefox/1.4
-dt-

Post by -dt- »

so u uninstall it then install the plugin then reinstall media player?
MorpheusUK

Post by MorpheusUK »

Just in case anyone else experiences the problem of the "Can you see the video" window not being displayed or only half the video screen when WMP is shown. I solved these issues by uninstaslling and reinstalling Tabbrowser extensions.

YMMV,

Morpheus

P.S. The useragent shown is actually a Win98 UA the XP version should be:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 Netscape/7.1 (ax)
S.A.M.

Post by S.A.M. »

It still a no go for me....does not work.

I have uninstalled the activex plugin by deleting the dll file (npmozax.dll from your plugins\) as directed .
I uninstalled WMP 10.

Rebooted

Installed the activex plugin, then reupdated to WMP 10

Rebooted PC

Open FF 1.0 selected User Agent Switcher and selected IE

Went to Launch.com selected a video, was to directed to logon, I did, then selected the video again.

A window popup but did not show the video. It just showed blank screen on the left, black white on the right a small bar with two buttons not sure if button were for play, pause, stop. also had a volume control and bandwith selection.
Vectorspace

Post by Vectorspace »

Do you have any kind of ad blocking, or anything that could block content on a page from loading? If so, try disabling it.
"All things being equal, the simplest answer is usually the correct one" - Occam's Razor
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20110624 Thunderbird/5.0

Post by Guest »

JUst drag the file u downloaded and drop it over any open window/tab on FireFox and then let go. U should see an install prompt. click INSTALL and Restart firefox .... voila !!

I did this, but this is what I got instead of an install prompt...

Index of file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/Desktop/mozactivex-ff-10/
Up to higher level directory
File: activex.js 1 KB 11/21/2004 10:29:53 AM
File: install.js 6 KB 11/21/2004 10:29:54 AM
File: msvcp60.dll 393 KB 11/21/2004 10:29:54 AM
File: msvcrt.dll 316 KB 11/21/2004 10:29:54 AM
File: npmozax.dll 108 KB 11/21/2004 10:29:54 AM
File: nsAxSecurityPolicy.js 9 KB 11/21/2004 10:29:54 AM
File: nsIMozAxPlugin.xpt 1 KB 11/21/2004 10:29:54 AM

This was in the Mozilla window as if I was viewing a web page.