won't play GIF animation files

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

Fat Nakago wrote:Thanks.... but where do I find the correct file so I can check what the preference is set to?

Type "about:config" (without the quote marks) into your URL bar (where you type the addresses of web sites you want to go to). Then type "animation" (again without the quotes) in the filter field to limit the display to entries with the "animation" substring in them.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
Fat Nakago

Post by Fat Nakago »

Thanks. I found the setting. My animation setting is set to normal.

Now what else can I do to make animated gifs work in Firefox?
goodbyeie

Post by goodbyeie »

I just found the problem with animated gifs not working on my computer. It turns out that it was Zone Alarm causing the problem.

In case others are experiencing the same problem, to enable animated gifs with Zone Alarm do this:

- Click on privacy
- Select Main tab
- Custom settings for ad blocker
- In "Ads to Block", deselect Animations

Shawn
FFav

Post by FFav »

I had the same sitution happen to me did several test and found out that it was my firewall settings preventing animations from showing. You may want to have this option blocked since some sites including one of the links on page 1 will show three advertising addresses logged in the firewall when enabled. This by the way resolved the Yahoo sign not showing issue. At least for me. Hope that this helps.
masallax

GIF animations

Post by masallax »

Security Error: Content at http://peregrine1.blogspot.com/ may not load or link to file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Bob%27s%20BLOG/ActiveBLOG/527.gif

Thanks, that is the message I get from Java. I didn't know I was the only one seeing my animated gifs. Not sure how to adjust any "security" errors.
My other puter doesn't see the GIFs either but I thought it was because it is slower and on dial-up web connection. I have the "Share-to-Web" feaure that comes with HP printers and scanners. I will try to UPload these gifs to it and then add them to my blog. I thought once I put them on the page, they were actually installed there. Who wants a blog that no one else can see?
But I do notice that in the list of accepted extentions, in Firefox, there is NO GIF extention. This have anything to do with it???
I had to post this from Microsoft internet Explorer because Firefox can't find the forum page!!!!! Weird
tongle

Post by tongle »

I had to post this from Microsoft internet Explorer because Firefox can't find the forum page!!!!!

Did you configure your firewall to allow the new installation of firefox to get through?
<b><a href="http://www.petitiononline.com/f1254114/petition.html">Sign this petition if you want to help spread Firefox</a></b>
weddy

Post by weddy »

Fat Nakago wrote:Thanks.... but where do I find the correct file so I can check what the preference is set to?

Firefox How to Control Animation Looping gives good advice on how to reset it. has anyone found out who's disabling our animations without our knowledge? I've installed extensions too, and didn't notice my animations acting weird till recently.
baffiebabe

Post by baffiebabe »

Anonymous wrote:But I can see them in IE.

You can see them in IE because they're on your hard drive, which isn't an advantage anyone else has. You need to fix your html code.

Nice page, but no animated gifs here either, I'm afraid.

Good luck. :)
Anything that can be conceived and believed can be achieved. Or... May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your body and may your arms be too short to scratch.
Mon4ch0

Post by Mon4ch0 »

what "goodbyeie" posted solved my problem, thanks to everyone
GL

Post by Guest »

Hey, fantastic "goodbyeie" fixxed the problem, damn ZoneAlarm. IE on WinXP wasnt playing animations loaded from the web, but would play the animation on my webpage, while it was on my HDD, not uploaded. Now fixed. Thankyou :D

Post by Guest »

Doesn't help me at all - I have zonealarm and yesterday my animated gifs were showing on firefox and today they are not - Any other ideas?

Post by Guest »

By the way, they show just fine in IE - all my gifs are on my server and not here on my computer...I don't get it

aaaargh
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Post by Guest »

i would just like 2 thank shawn for mentioning the part on zone alarm, that was my problem as i was just looking through for a solution, so thanks

mooseman
Yaks Kaplan

Post by Yaks Kaplan »

Goodbyie, can I call you Shawn? Shawn even though we don't know each other, you are one of my best friends. I was freaking out after having switched from BitDefender to ZoneAlarm, because I couldn't see this sweet animation, or any other animations for that matter.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/6561/soyou2mv.gif

Shawn, once again you are a kind, kind man.