[Ext] Personal Titlebar

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
yuoo2k

[Ext] Personal Titlebar

Post by yuoo2k »

Personal Titlebar

Summary: Personalize your Firefox 4 Title Bar! Anything placed on Menu Bar will be moved to Title Bar.

Author: yuoo2k

AMO Page: http://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon ... -titlebar/

Compatibility: Firefox 4.0b5pre+, Windows 7/Vista/XP only

Main Features:
  • Move all Menu Bar customized items to Title Bar.
  • Allow drag-n-drop Tabs Bar Items to other Toolbar.
  • Allow drag-n-drop Menu Bar Items to other Toolbar.
  • Press [F10] toggle Main Menus display.
  • Press [ALT] toggle Firefox Menu popup.
Usage:
    Right-click on any Toolbar, choose "Customize...", drag your favorite items drop on Menu Bar, click Done.

Install/Download: Official Release, All Versions, Latest DevBuild

Screenshot:

Report Bugs:
  • Before you report any problems, please try the DevBuild first. It might already fixed the problem.
  • Please create a new profile with only Personal Titlebar installed to see if it is extension incompatible.
  • I have to reproduce the problem first, then, can do debug and research how to fix it.
    Please describe reproduce steps, and if any error messages show in Error Console. Thank you.
Last edited by yuoo2k on May 29th, 2012, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
NoNameReally

Re: [Ext] Personal Titlebar

Post by NoNameReally »

Items should have a different style.
Mithgol the Webmaster

Post by Mithgol the Webmaster »

If «Hide Menubar» is also installed, then when ALT key is pressed/released, «Personal Titlebar» should either show/hide the titlebar (much like «Hide Chrome» does) or replace the menubar contents (on the titlebar) with the navigation toolbar contents (thus effectively hiding the menubar contents).
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

Mithgol the Webmaster wrote:If «Hide Menubar» is also installed, then when ALT key is pressed/released, «Personal Titlebar» should either show/hide the titlebar (much like «Hide Chrome» does) or replace the menubar contents (on the titlebar) with the navigation toolbar contents (thus effectively hiding the menubar contents).

Try press F10, it is used to show/hide the Menubar items. Does it what you mean ?
Otherwise, I prefer using ALT key to toggle the new Firefox Menu. The final design of Firefox Menu should be able to replace the original Menubar.
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

Very nice idea in moving the Menubar to the Titlebar, but my feelings on it are mixed - there's still a lot of space that can be saved by reducing the Menubar items down to one button. I would rather see one Menu button to open a drop-down "menu" on the Titlebar (with access from the keyboard, as the Menu bar items are), similar to original Compact Menu extension (with the optional "Menu" button) - http://cdn.mozdev.org/compact/ - and the more recent Tiny Menu extension - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1455/ and elimination of the "Firefox" button altogether. That would give the user a lot more room on the Titlebar for adding bookmarks, or buttons (primarily for extensions).

I do like being able to press & hold the Alt key, and then press the appropriate "menu key" to be able to access that menu. But why have the Firefox button along with all the Menubar items? Keeping the Firefox button is a waste of space, IMO, and that orange button is just plain ugly with the default WinXP Blue theme, not as bad with the Silver color.

Another thing I would like would be the ability to not show show specific Menu items in that drop-down "menu", such as Bookmarks, as I access my Bookmarks thru the sidebar. For the few times I need to access the "Library" I use the keyboard command.

Ed
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

the-edmeister wrote:

It is not a big problem, because we can simply use the following userChrome.css to force hide the items that you don't want to display:

Code: Select all

#appmenu-button-container,
#file-menu,
#edit-menu,
#view-menu,
#history-menu,
#bookmarksMenu,
#tools-menu,
#helpMenu {
  display: none !important;
}

Maybe we can provide a UI that allow user to customize, like this:
* Right-click on toolbar, choose "Customize...", on the panel, show the check boxs for each appmenu and menu bar items. Or...
* Right-click on toolbar, there is an arrow mark on the end of "Menu Bar" item. Mouse over there, it will popup a second level menu, which list all menu bar items, and allow user check/uncheck to decide its display.

About the drop-down menu to show the Menu Bar items, maybe it should be done by another extension? Users can combine use them if they want.
Riony

Post by Riony »

Nice work! is it any way to hide the menu bar? should I install the "Hide menubar" extension too?

By the way, for now this topic should be moved to Firefox Builds forum where it'd be a lot more useful.
Last edited by Riony on October 6th, 2010, 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Riony

Post by Riony »

Double post. Delete it please.
keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

Riony wrote:By the way, for now this topic should be moved to Firefox Builds forum where it'd be a lot more useful.

This is an extension release, it is in the correct forum.
Cheers,
Keith
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

Riony wrote:Nice work! is it any way to hide the menu bar? should I install the "Hide menubar" extension too?

This extension will move all menubar items to titlebar, so, menubar will be empty, this extension will make it invisible.
kulmegil

Post by kulmegil »

Maybe it's some recent changes in Minefield but most toolbar buttons show large-version icons and captions when appearing in titlebar (default theme)...
(just in case - sorry for my english)
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

kulmegil wrote:Maybe it's some recent changes in Minefield but most toolbar buttons show large-version icons and captions when appearing in titlebar (default theme)...

Hello, I have just tried the latest thurk 4.0b8pre/20101009, but I can't reproduce this problem, I put both the bookmark and history button to the menubar, they looks same small size as before.
Could you please create a new profile to test again, thank you.
kulmegil

Post by kulmegil »

Have been testing it on clean profile from yesterday as well and cannot reproduce the issue with large icons.
I cannot reproduce it on old profile now as well. Maybe I rushed up with the report. Dunno.......

The only issues I still noticed:
- some add-on buttons (autopager / print edit for example) shows labels when moved.
- stop&reload buttons doesn't combine
- on XP theme toolbarbuttons looks ugly when hovered
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

kulmegil wrote:The only issues I still noticed:
- some add-on buttons (autopager / print edit for example) shows labels when moved.
- stop&reload buttons doesn't combine
- on XP theme toolbarbuttons looks ugly when hovered

Hello, thanks for report the bug, please try the new beta version, it should fix the problems.

PersonalTitlebar 1.0.20101012b1: http://forum.moztw.org/download/file.php?id=10869
+ fixed: The personal titlebar will be created as a toolbar, that fixes some button's style problems.
kulmegil

Post by kulmegil »

Great job! the way Moz guys should have done that in the first place...

But still all the items are moved from toolbar-menubar to personal-titlebar.
Would it be possible for the toolbar to be available from the beginning as the separate toolbar?

And being able to D&D items directly to personal-titlebar?
addon-bar for example can be customized directly despise being outside navigator-toolbox (thx to toolboxid attribute).