{Request:Howto}Customizing Folder Icons for BookmarksToolbar

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
darkchaostitan

{Request:Howto}Customizing Folder Icons for BookmarksToolbar

Post by darkchaostitan »

I'm looking for more customization in my FF tool bar and I've been using folders to organize the bookmarks, because hiding the titles is too inconvenient to navigate with many icons and I'm not familiar with using quckdial.xpi. I'm more adequate with my bookmarktoolbar. What I'd like to do with my toolbar is be able to use it like I do with rocket dock. Provide custom icons for each separately themed folder.

on another note, I'd like to move my toolbars around, but the draganddroptoolbars.xpi only does it by level(ie, only one toolbar per level)which begins to take up a considerable amount of space on the top of my browser, using all the toolbars I thought I needed or other wise could use 40% of my screen was taken up, totally unacceptable.

If someone could point me out to a solution to these problems I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks for your help
darkchaostitan

Re: {Request:Howto}Customizing Folder Icons for BookmarksToolbar

Post by darkchaostitan »

bump, plz could someone point me in the right direction...
TerenceJC

Post by TerenceJC »

darkchaostitan

I'm looking for more customization in my FF tool bar and I've been using folders to organize the bookmarks, because hiding the titles is too inconvenient to navigate with many icons and I'm not familiar with using quckdial.xpi. I'm more adequate with my bookmarktoolbar. What I'd like to do with my toolbar is be able to use it like I do with rocket dock. Provide custom icons for each separately themed folder.

See this topic: Favicons for Folders in Bookmark toolbar

Specifically see the post by PhoneMan. The 6th one on the first page.

If you have any problems or need more info please ask.

Terence
TerenceJC

Post by TerenceJC »

darkchaostitan

Another slightly different way to acheive what you want:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=630071

Terence
darkchaostitan

Post by darkchaostitan »

Many Thanks
TerenceJC

Post by TerenceJC »

Your Welcome
cyber-geek

Re: {Request:Howto}Customizing Folder Icons for BookmarksToo

Post by cyber-geek »

I recently reimaged my hard drive, leaving behind a program that i was learning to use. The program had two features, an editor and a restart firefox option. I have no idea what the program was called, as i forgot to back it up before reimaging. i restored everything but that program. the program opened into an editing tool that allowed editing of code or commands within the firefox environment, then it allowed to save the changes and to restart firefox for those changes to take effect. i believe i got the program while searching for folder options. i moved my bookmarks toolbar to share the menubar to save space. i put all of my gaming items in one folder, but delete the name so only the icon shows. i do this for freebie sites and other categories, each with its own folder. i believe the program was supposed to hide the folder name while showing the name on a mouseover. perhaps it even changed the folder icon, but i'm not sure at this point. do you have any idea of the program i had? please help. thanx
LoudNoise

Re: {Request:Howto}Customizing Folder Icons for BookmarksToo

Post by LoudNoise »

Your question has nothing to do with the topic at hand. This is also an old thread. Locking. Please start a new thread,
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."