need to uninstall firefox but how do i save bookmarks ?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
rikismyname

need to uninstall firefox but how do i save bookmarks ?

Post by rikismyname »

I need to uninstall firefox and put it back on again because i'm getting loads of script problems that i just don't get. The problem is i have loads of websites saved in the app READ IT LATER.
How can i save these and when i put firefox back on put them back on as well?

If not does anyone know why every time i try and enlarge a picture, or open a news story on news now website it takes ages and freezes my computer the says "A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete." then i have to tick STOP SCRIPT. really annoying me.

thanks for any help, Rik.
DanRaisch

Re: need to uninstall firefox but how do i save bookmarks ?

Post by DanRaisch »

You won't lose bookmarks by uninstalling the application itself. Uninstalling and reinstalling the application has absolutely no impact on your Profile, which is where saved preferences like your home page and user selected settings reside, and where most problems arise.

See these links -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unresponsive_Script_Warning and http://kb.mozillazine.org/Script_busy_o ... responding

Post by Guest »

i'm not on about uninstalling the add-on i'm on about uninstalling all of firefox, the putting it back on and redownloading all the add-ons again to sort out the problem.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I didn't say anything about addons in my reply. Bookmarks are stored in the profile so what I posted above applies to bookmarks, passwords, toolbar customization, etc, etc, etc. The links I posted have information on things that might resolve the issue of the busy (non-responsive) script.

To be cautious, you can also backup your profile so if anything is lost you can recover the data from the backup -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_backup
guest las

Post by guest las »

look for FEBE it will back up everything you have in FF ~bookmarks/theams/history/username/passwords/cookies/ect

to you,re set location, eg~ documents (folder FF backup FEBE) then you only need to once you install FF (wherever) is have FEBE installed in/on you,re new version of FF - but you have to restore each thing independently - since thier no restore all so you can be selective on what you whant to put onto the new FF.

Post by Guest »

great, thank you very much this has helped so much.
Sorry i don't know much about the working of firefox things and thought you meant uninstall the add-on and it will keep the info.

Once again, thankyou for your info.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome.