How can I print grocery coupons? (Linux)

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Zebra45

How can I print grocery coupons? (Linux)

Post by Zebra45 »

:?: :?: :?:

I am almost computer illiterate! - needing help all the time......I do have Firefox.

What is Conduit? Would I like having it? What is used for?

Also, I want to print out coupons and I can't dload the coupon printer. I WANT to be able to print coupons.

Thanks, you guys. If I'm in the wrong place here, I guess ignore me :oops:

Bobba

I
LoudNoise

Re: Help - I know nothing!

Post by LoudNoise »

What is Conduit? Basically useless crapware that calls home alot.

What is the site you want to print out coupons from?
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."

Post by Guest »

LoudNoise wrote:What is Conduit? Basically useless crapware that calls home alot.

What is the site you want to print out coupons from?

Thanks LoudNoise!

I want grocery coupons, mostly. I've tried Coupon.com and can't download the printer to print them. Any ideas of any other sites I could go to?
GTryder

Post by GTryder »

Guest wrote:Any ideas of any other sites I could go to?

Here are 18.8 million to choose from.
Ab subabsurda numquid ad veritas. "From the somewhat absurd possibility to reality."

Post by Guest »

Thanks sooooooooo much Gtryder for the link for coupons, although not being able to print them - hummm - that's my PROBLEM at the present.

I have Linux, Firefix, Ubuntu, whatever - using Google Chrome. I don't know anything about computers. I don't even know how I got to this forum :?: LOL Actually, my frustration is not funny at all!

Maybe you can help me? Please!!! Using my operating system, I cannot download the coupon printer for Coupons.Com or any of the others. Says my computer does not support the printer - something like that. I have to have Windows or whatever - why's that?

Sooooooooo, I'm thinking that all you computer intellects can help! Tell me, please, how I can print coupons. I have little money - fixed income, and coupons Are Money!!! I need them - I want them.

Thanks so much for trying to help me. Bet you think I am a computer dummy and stupid.
DanRaisch

Re: How can I print grocery coupons? (Linux)

Post by DanRaisch »

You may not be able to print those coupons. The link you are trying to work with may lead to a driver that works only under Windows and may not be at all compatible with Linux. I can't confirm that because I'm using a Windows system, so the drivers would work for me.

I've changed the subject line for this thread to make it clear what you are trying to do and with which operating system. That may get someone familiar with Linux to take a look and provide advice.
GTryder

Post by GTryder »

You're welcome.

Guest wrote:I have Linux, Firefix, Ubuntu,
...Using my operating system, I cannot download the coupon printer for Coupons.Com or any of the others. Says my computer does not support the printer - something like that. I have to have Windows or whatever - why's that?
It would seem that the printer drivers are not compatible with the Linux Operating System (OS) that you are using.
From my limited knowledge of Linux, I would also believe that there is a solution to this; perhaps in the form of tailoring the "Windows drivers" to the Linux OS.
There are many Forum members who use Linux, and perhaps one of them would be able to assist you further...

[Edit] As DanRaisch also describes.
Ab subabsurda numquid ad veritas. "From the somewhat absurd possibility to reality."
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

If having to install a browser plug-in to print coupons doesn't raise any red flags for you, read this.
:arrow: www.benedelman.org/news/031808-1.html
GTryder

Post by GTryder »

Thanks for the info Gingerbread Man.
After reading that, the Guest will be grateful that it didn't install.

The Sunday paper coupon section is looking better all the time...

Post by Guest »

Hi there, Dan, ET, Gingerbread Man, Loudnoise :D

You guys rock!!! I'm so happy I found you. And, I appreciate your input so much and, especially, your time and kindness.

I haven't had a chance to read about the Trust issue yet. I do understand more! I understand that I can trust you guys to lead me into the right direction.

Thanks for changing my Thread to make more sense.

It's great to be able to come here.

Thanks! - Barbara
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Hi Barbara,
Who installed Linux on your computer? Do you know why they did so? Honestly, I think you would be better on a Windows OS because of your experience level.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

If you can get an image of the actual coupon you can print it but you'd have to get past all the marketing detritus.
A Reynold's Aluminum link in the Google list GTryder posted does a redirect to Coupons.com from the Reynold's site. it's one of those aspx deals
I tried to get coupons.com to work a couple of times with and without cookies or JavaScript, it's deliberately set to block certain browsers.
I've seen this before on some pages, usually the folks who do this have a deal with MS or one of the MS promoting ISPs.
Probably best to avoid it, use links right to the companies or the coupons in the paper.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
Gingerbread Man

Daifne wrote:Who installed Linux on your computer?

A complete genius who realized it was the only way to stop the owner from installing malware on it.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Now, now. Let's be nice here.
Gingerbread Man

DanRaisch wrote:Now, now. Let's be nice here.

But I was :| I meant it with nothing but admiration towards the person responsible. And don't assume I look down on people who can't recognize suspicious software that could be dangerous. I know how it works: the offer is often tempting, be it coupons, shiny cursors, emoticons, or whatnot.
Is Apple mean when they advertise that Macs don't get malware¹? Then why would I be considered mean for saying that taking Windows out of the equation is a better solution for novice users than having to deal with OS updates, a firewall, an anti-virus and multiple anti-malware utilities? :-k

¹ Curiously enough, the coupons.com plug-in is Mac-compatible.