[Ext] Status-4-Evar 2017.03.19.12b

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Bozz

Re: [Ext] Status-4-Evar 2010.09.29.00

Post by Bozz »

Yep...that got it working. Thanks man.

Bluefang wrote:I'm a derp. Dyslexia strikes again.

I have those moments too but I call it 'old age'. :mrgreen:
Bluefang

Re: [Ext] Status-4-Evar 2010.10.03.03

Post by Bluefang »

Uploaded Version 2010.10.03.03
* Add an option to limit the length of the Status Text widget (in pixels)
* Add Download Status widget
* Make Add-on Bar behave more like a normal toolbar (align widgets left, center & stretch widgets, no margin on status-bar placeholder)

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/235283/
Last edited by Bluefang on October 3rd, 2010, 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
There have always been ghosts in the machine... random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul...
panocmp

Post by panocmp »

download link ?
Bluefang

Post by Bluefang »

It's on the first post.

EDIT: For simplicity, I'll try to remember to include it in my "new version" posts.
There have always been ghosts in the machine... random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul...
panocmp

Post by panocmp »

i know that it is on the first post, the link to the mozilla addon site has Status-4-Evar 2010.09.29.00
Protocol

Post by Protocol »

Great stuff.
I had to restart Minefield after dragging the Download Status to the Add-ons Bar for it to work.
Bluefang

Post by Bluefang »

Protocol wrote:Great stuff.
I had to restart Minefield after dragging the Download Status to the Add-ons Bar for it to work.

I can confirm that. Thanks for letting me know. I'll look into it tomorrow.
Bluefang

Re: [Ext] Status-4-Evar 2010.10.03.05

Post by Bluefang »

Version 2010.10.03.05
* Fixed handling "Download Status" item during the session it added to a toolbar.

Or I could look into it now XD
quixote9

Post by quixote9 »

One quick suggestion. I didn't have time to read the thread, so probably I'm just seconding someone else. Where it says "Status text" in the customize menu didn't mean much to me. I'm all focused on getting "link preview" back :? . So maybe if you changed that in an update to say "Status text / link preview" that would help people like me :D. There's enough space to do that in the "customize" window that pops up.
makondo

Post by makondo »

AM didn't find the update, had to install from AMO. Thanks for the update!
Bluefang

Post by Bluefang »

The extension is currently in sandbox (un-reviewed). It doesn't provide updates.
globalplayer

Post by globalplayer »

Fantastic update! YOU'RE THE MAN!
It's incredible: I didn't muck about with ANY of your basic settings and no stretched status ... er ... "add-on" bar any longer. Looks squeaky clean now :P *jumps*

Thanks for all your hard work.

BTW, have you already found time to check out the cleartype/rendering issue discussed in the previous pages?
Bluefang

Post by Bluefang »

Version 2010.10.03.23
* Keep the "legacy" status icons over on the far right of the Addon-Bar
* Fix handling of "Status Text" max-width when first added to the toolbar
* Simplify code that handles when toolbar items are added to a toolbar. Should help prevent issues in the future.
* Improve widget styling when customizing toolbars.

globalplayer wrote:BTW, have you already found time to check out the cleartype/rendering issue discussed in the previous pages?

I did, but I was unfortunately unable to reproduce the problem. On my copy of Win7 (Pro?), with the 20101003 Win32 nightly, and a 'new' profile, the status text uses the same hinting as the rest of the Firefox UI.

A couple of notes:

* Try a new profile.

* I did the ClearType calibration thing, in the Control Panel, when I first setup Windows. If you haven't done that, give it a try.

* I keep Firefox's hardware acceleration disabled, as it's given me problems on the few occasions I've stayed in Windows long enough to actually launch Firefox. It's also been known to cause a multitude of strange behavior across the board. So I wouldn't be surprised if that was the source of the problem. So try disabling hardware acceleration (Options -> Advanced -> General) and see if that helps after a restart.
al_9x

Post by al_9x »

Bluefang wrote:So try disabling hardware acceleration (Options -> Advanced -> General) and see if that helps after a restart.

Yes, it is acceleration related. Did you try with acceleration on? Was it a VM or real? Did it have a DX 9 10 11 video card?

I am on xp32 sp3 with a dx9 card, @globalplayer what about you?

I'd like to submit this to Bugzilla. Bluefang, what would be the simplest possible way to dump some text into the bar, that would be equivalent to what you are doing and hopefully repro this. Perhaps some command that can be entered into the error console?
makondo

Re: [Ext] Status-4-Evar 2010.10.03.23

Post by makondo »

Thanks for the update, Bluefang!