Firefox's Switch Proxy extension and Proxomitron

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
satyr

Firefox's Switch Proxy extension and Proxomitron

Post by satyr »

Hey all !!

My today's question is - how "should" Switch Proxy extension work, together with (when using) Proxomitron, if it is meant in that way ??

Cause, if I enable Switch Proxy extension (and set it to switch between two proxy IPs), I always get the same result - Firefox.exe process is connecting to those proxies (those two IPs, I've choosen in Switch Proxy -- Manage, see above), and no Proximitron.exe process, as it should be, so I get 404 error (as I remeber), and I can't browse at all ...

But as the most obvious, also these settings, in Firefox's Tools -- Options -- Connections Settings, are automaticly changed, when enabling Switch Proxy extension ...

Manual proxy configuration (with local host for HTTP and SSL Proxy)
changed to:
Automatic proxy configuration

localhost and some other IP (I forgot which, I will check), are added to No Proxy for:

Also, the settings for SOCKS is changed from SOCKS v4 (like it only works with Proxomitron), to SOCKS v5 ...

Any help appreciated !!
If you want to, please check out my site: tadej-ivan.50webs.com, and enjoy reading my computing-related discoveries, hints, principles, and rules.
PrivateEye

Post by PrivateEye »

But Proxomitron has its own in-built 'switch proxy' functionality anyway. Isn't it better to use that?

Post by Guest »

Go here and pick yourself out a couple of proxies. This is what I do with switch proxy. Stay away from the universities and state proxies as they won't let you in certain sites if you know what I mean. They filter them out.
http://www.stayinvisible.com/index.pl/proxy_list
satyr

Post by satyr »

PrivateEye wrote:But Proxomitron has its own in-built 'switch proxy' functionality anyway. Isn't it better to use that?

Thanks, PrivateEye, I also "suspected" it has (I remebered reading something about it in help files), but I somehow forgot where to set it (Proxomitron), to switch between different proxies' IPs ...

And on some other forums someone recommended using Switch Proxy extension in "cooperation" with Proxomitron a very handy-dandy thing. Well, it seems, I wil need to find that feature in Proxomitron, and uninstall Switch Proxy extension.

Cheers
If you want to, please check out my site: tadej-ivan.50webs.com, and enjoy reading my computing-related discoveries, hints, principles, and rules.
satyr

Post by satyr »

satyr wrote:Well, it seems, I wil need to find that feature in Proxomitron, and uninstall Switch Proxy extension.

I just did that (uhh, Advanced proxy settings, accessible with right-click), it works perfect. And yeah, it seems Switch Proxy extension is only for Automatic proxy configuration (or as I say/imagine "static" proxy configuration, to some particular URL)

Thanks all ...