[Fx] MMx: 2004-09-15 German [AVIARY de-DE/OS X]

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
MMx2000

[Fx] MMx: 2004-09-15 German [AVIARY de-DE/OS X]

Post by MMx2000 »

Hi everybody,

I just played around with the new --enable-ui-locale=de-DE flag and out fell a German Firefox nightly for MacOS X:

latest AVIARY nighties

Note that there will be bugs because the whole locale structure is changing constantly right now.

Have fun testing anyway . . . Martin
Last edited by MMx2000 on October 7th, 2004, 5:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?
amano

Post by amano »

You just added the line to your mozconfig?

Or did you have to do other tweaks?
Is there a special way to check the source out with CVS?
MMx2000

Post by MMx2000 »

well, unfortunately all the localizations have been moved to another CVS-server where no anonymous checkout is possible yet. I hope it gets added soon.
I got the package from the translator himself, so I did not have to check it out.
But please do not bug the translators for languagepacks! They have enough trouble already right now!
I hope that anonymous CVS-access will be avaliable soon. Going to bug the people responsible...

Greetings . . . Martin
Sephirot

Post by Sephirot »

I translated the current source into de-DE (at least the browser-locale folder). All other en-US folders where cpied and renamed to de-DE and I changed the *.rdf from en-US to de-DE.
No compiler errors
BUT
When I start my de-DE firefox I always get the following error:

Code: Select all

XML Parsing Error: error in processing external entity reference
Line Number 11, Column 1:
%browserDTD
^

I don't understand why! I did not changed anything in browser.xul (inside browser.jar) and the browser.dtd is in the right jar paket(de-DE) and folder.

How do I fix this problem?
Author of Bookmarks Menu Button, Autoclose Bookmark&History Folders and more

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; de; rv:1.9.2.19pre) Gecko/20110701 Firefox/3.6.19pre <-- build with MS VC++ 2010 SP1 and PGO on Win 7 x64
MMx2000

Post by MMx2000 »

well, I guess "don't mess with the code unless you know what you are doing" is an appropriate answer.
There will be a German translation soon, and the sourcecode for it will also be availiable via CVS soon, so why start your own translation?

You also might want to check the German forum at http://firefox.stw.uni-duisburg.de/forum

additionally, this post might be interesting: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 668#827668

Greetings . . . Martin
Sephirot

Post by Sephirot »

Moox send me the tarball he got from Ben Smedberg. I revoked the changes I made but this problem is still present.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; de; rv:1.9.2.19pre) Gecko/20110701 Firefox/3.6.19pre <-- build with MS VC++ 2010 SP1 and PGO on Win 7 x64
MMx2000

Post by MMx2000 »

well, if you are really using the current source with the de-DE tarball, that won't work. the tarball works with 1.0PR and a few days after, but not any more. Also see this tinderbox, which is burning right now.
As soon as everything is set up right, you should be able to check out the current l10n-code youself, too. But I don't know when this will happen. (waiting myself...)

Greetings . . . Martin
largie

Post by largie »

MMx2000 wrote:As soon as everything is set up right, you should be able to check out the current l10n-code youself, too. But I don't know when this will happen. (waiting myself...)

according to this it's already possible. I'm doing a source checkout right now and will hopefully have my own localized sl-SI build waiting to be tested in the morning.
Sephirot

Post by Sephirot »

largie wrote:
MMx2000 wrote:As soon as everything is set up right, you should be able to check out the current l10n-code youself, too. But I don't know when this will happen. (waiting myself...)

according to this it's already possible. I'm doing a source checkout right now and will hopefully have my own localized sl-SI build waiting to be tested in the morning.

thanks for the info :D
unfortunately I still get the same error ;(
maybee I have to pull the complet source again (using the tarball and than updating with cvs) :(