TBP 0.6.15 is coming (was: TBP 0.6.14)

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Mossop

Post by Mossop »

TheOneKEA wrote:
mossop wrote:Ok, have to say I love TBP 0.9.91, it seems to solve all my problems with tab browsing. Unfortunatly its also created one. I may be blind but I don't seem to be able to control whether middle-clicked links open tabs in the foreground or background. How can I change this so they open in the background?

Mossop

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20041008 Firefox/0.10

"Load middle-clicked URLs in new tabs"??

Yes I have that selected, but it opens the links in a foreground tab, not a background tab as I want.

Edit: I did a bit of digging and found that if I set the boolean pref "browser.tabs.loadInBackground" to true then it solves my problem. Would have been nice to have that option in the gui for TBP though.

Mossop
ylzhou

Post by ylzhou »

TheOneKEA wrote:
ylzhou wrote:How could I uninstall TBP completely? I updated TBP from 0.6 to 0.9 without uninstalling. So I got the problems mentioned above. Now I uninstalled 0.9 and reintalled it. But the problem is still not solved. Do I need any extra steps to get rid of the old files of TBP?? Thanks!

Ugh. At this point you'd need a new profile; it's gotten messed up.

Perhaps I should just change the GUID so that this sort of thing can't happen!

Any "dirty" way to solve it?
rfb

Post by rfb »

I've solved some problems the "not necessarily best method" way. Normally, when you uninstall an extension, only the .rdf's pointing to the directory are removed, but the extension still exists. Sometimes items don't uninstall or disable at all. When that happens, the only way to clean up a profile is:

1) make a zip backup of your entire profile in case the next steps really hose it up. I zip up my program directory too. You have to do this while the browser is shut down or you will get zip errors on files in use.
2) use file-explorer to go to the top of the profile tree, and search for "extension name" in the text search entryfield.
This should display any .rdf files pointing to the extension.
3) edit those files and remove the instances of the extension name CLEANLY... get the <RDF> .... </RDF> or <RDF .... /> so you dont make xml errors.
4) remove the jar directory.
5) restart FF.

This doesn't work for the Tinderbox status icon. I have to leave the directory, else FF never displays.
It would be nicer if the extension directories were not the classId, so it is easier to find particular extension dirs. Clav names his with a simply "cards", or "goup" and they are easy to locate.

rfb
TheOneKEA

Post by TheOneKEA »

mossop wrote:
TheOneKEA wrote:
mossop wrote:Ok, have to say I love TBP 0.9.91, it seems to solve all my problems with tab browsing. Unfortunatly its also created one. I may be blind but I don't seem to be able to control whether middle-clicked links open tabs in the foreground or background. How can I change this so they open in the background?

Mossop

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20041008 Firefox/0.10

"Load middle-clicked URLs in new tabs"??

Yes I have that selected, but it opens the links in a foreground tab, not a background tab as I want.

Edit: I did a bit of digging and found that if I set the boolean pref "browser.tabs.loadInBackground" to true then it solves my problem. Would have been nice to have that option in the gui for TBP though.

Mossop

"Load new tabs behind the currently selected tab"?
Proud user of teh Fox of Fire
Registered Linux User #289618
Mossop

Post by Mossop »

TheOneKEA wrote:"Load new tabs behind the currently selected tab"?

Odd, I thought I had tried that one but yeah that seems to do the job. I think it could use with different text describing it though. I couldn't decide what it was meant to do.

Mossop
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

Problem with TBP 0.9.91: Enter a search term in the Firefox search box, press enter; the resulting entry opens in the currently-focused tab, overwriting whatever may be there, instead of opening a new tab as TBE allows the user to specify.
Mossop

Post by Mossop »

That feature works fine for me.

Mossop
DizzyWeb

Post by DizzyWeb »

I cannot get TBP to open new tabs unfocused, even when I check the box.
The author can never, in no way, be held responsible for any harm caused, mental or physical, by reading this post.
Zulithe

Post by Zulithe »

I have a suggestion. I really like the BlankLast extention but with the new tab management additions to Firefox lately it is almost obsolete, save for some very tiny features, maybe they can be added into TBP?

The feature I'm talking about is preventing CTRL+W from Closing Firefox (make it only close tabs, and if only one tab is open, it closes it and assuming "Advanced" -> "Tabbed Browsing" -> "Hide the tab bar ..." is UNCHECKED it should auto reopen a blank tab) Then SHIFT+CTRL+W would close all tabs & the entire window.

Just wondering if you would be interested in adding that, TheOneKEA, Caio (the creatore of blanklast) has some other extentions that he may wish to focus on now that BlankLast is no longer needed (like the new "Stop-or-Reload" button extention which is very cool)

See the list here.
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

mossop wrote:That feature works fine for me.

Mossop

As you did not quote my message, I'm can only assume that you were referring to it. If so, then I can only state that for me TBP is ignoring the settings for "Searches from the search bar."
TheOneKEA

Post by TheOneKEA »

DizzyWeb wrote:I cannot get TBP to open new tabs unfocused, even when I check the box.

You need a build with the patch from bug 262537 checked into it.

Zulithe wrote:I have a suggestion. I really like the BlankLast extention but with the new tab management additions to Firefox lately it is almost obsolete, save for some very tiny features, maybe they can be added into TBP?

The feature I'm talking about is preventing CTRL+W from Closing Firefox (make it only close tabs, and if only one tab is open, it closes it and assuming "Advanced" -> "Tabbed Browsing" -> "Hide the tab bar ..." is UNCHECKED it should auto reopen a blank tab) Then SHIFT+CTRL+W would close all tabs & the entire window.

Hmmmmmm.

I'll think about it. Whether it makes the 1.0 release is up to various factors.

John Liebson wrote:

Mossop

As you did not quote my message, I'm can only assume that you were referring to it. If so, then I can only state that for me TBP is ignoring the settings for "Searches from the search bar."

What's your UA?
Proud user of teh Fox of Fire
Registered Linux User #289618
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

TheOneKEA wrote:
John Liebson wrote:

Mossop

What's your UA?

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20041009 Firefox/0.10, Windows XP Home

Tabbrowser Preferences 0.9.91
Mossop

Post by Mossop »

John Liebson wrote:
TheOneKEA wrote:
John Liebson wrote:

Mossop

What's your UA?

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20041009 Firefox/0.10, Windows XP Home

Tabbrowser Preferences 0.9.91

You know what, it's stopped working for me now. Maybe down to a newer nightly I am using or something?

Mossop
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20041013 Firefox/0.10
Tony Dodd

Post by Tony Dodd »

WFM on the same nightly you are using mossop.
Want a free Gmail email account? PM me...
Mossop

Post by Mossop »

Then I guess we have a mystery on our hands.

Mossop