PASSWORD PROBLEM

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
PATI

PASSWORD PROBLEM

Post by PATI »

I'VE JUST SET UP THUNDERBO=IRD..IT KEEPS ASKING FOR MY PASSWORD, WHICH I GIVE IT..BUT IT SAYS THE SERVER DOES NOT RECOGNIZE IT...I KNOW I HAVE THE CORRECT PASSWORD !
H-BES

Post by H-BES »

I have the same problem!!!

On two accounts!

Heeeeeeelp!
BobKaiser

Post by BobKaiser »

Similar problem. Just tried moving to Tbird 0.8. On home account, Get Mail replies "Sending of password did not succeed. Mail server mail.nctv.com responded: ". There was no error text following the colon. I uninstalled 0.8; reinstalled 0.7.3. It works in 0.7.3.
Lost User 58167

Post by Lost User 58167 »

I had a problem with my work computer using SBC as my ISP, as it would keep asking for the password (only one account). Here is how I fixed my problem. I went to TOOLS > OPTIONS > ADVANCED > MANAGE STORED PASSWORDS and I selected - Delete All.

I then restarted TB and it asked for my password (twice I think) and I entered the password and it has worked fine since. Maybe that will help someone out.
el_leumas

Post by el_leumas »

I have the problem, but I didnt store any passwords in the first place...any solution?
H-BES

Post by H-BES »

Never solution works
It's a bug...when the 8.1? ;)
el_leumas

Post by el_leumas »

I mean the authetication for out-going mails from my Yahoo account.

Post by Guest »

I have exactly the same problem as BobKaiser.

Post by Guest »

same problem here too... guess I have to downgrade
javahead

Post by javahead »

I have the same problem, but with only one of my 2 accounts.

The stored password is correct. I can logon to the account via a web interface and it works as expected.

I've tried deleting the stored passwords and I've deleted/created the account again within TB and the problem still exists.
madh

I am having the same problem also

Post by madh »

I setup my madh@tobject.com account "mail.tobject.com". I get this error with no no message after it. Responded. "". I then setup my Shaw.ca email and it works fine???

I can't figure it out. I have deleted and reinstalled, delete the profile, deleted passwords, deleted the account folders that are not cleaned up. Nothing helps.

Dave.

Post by Guest »

same thing here...
4 accounts and only one has that "sending of password did not succeed" bug.. :(
H-BES

Post by H-BES »

Any news???
Gilez

Yahoo have done it again!

Post by Gilez »

I have been looking at this specifically in relation to Yahoo! ... this quote is from the BT Yahoo! website

"... Please note:
If your client does not support SMTP authentication, you
will not be able to use it to access your BT Yahoo! Mail
messages..."

... That's right ... scrap your Yahoo acount if you can! I've had problems with them before when I was running Norton Internet Security ...
their response was "it doesn't work with Norton IS!" ... they are some clever people by golly!

Password Woes II

Post by Guest »

I've also been struggling with passwords. My passwords for my pop3 and smtp servers are different, as are my user names. Does anyone know how to use more than one password? I can't even find the option under smtp. I've ticked the box that reads, "user name and password" it's got my username, but how do I tell it to use the right password? Argh!!