encryption algorithms

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
shifrin

encryption algorithms

Post by shifrin »

I've just moved over to Thunderbired with much delight, but when I tried to update my communication preferences on Amazon.co.uk using the secure connection, I received the following alert:
"Firefox and www.amazon.co.uk cannot communicate securely because they have no common encryption algorithms"
Yet when I tried the same procedure with www.Amazon.com there was no problem.
Does this mean I will need to return to Outlook Express whenever I want to purchase something in the UK?
Is this something which will be sorted in due course?
M. R. Shifrin
Victorian Turkish Bath Website
Damian

Re: encryption algorithms

Post by Damian »

shifrin wrote:Does this mean I will need to return to Outlook Express whenever I want to purchase something in the UK?

It obviously affects the browser, but I can't see how it affects the mail client. You will have to order with IE from that site, until it gets its act together. But you can pick up any mail they send you from your ISP's mail servers with whatever mail client you please.
shifrin

Post by shifrin »

Thanks Damian. I've obviously got to get my own act together too, as I should have sent my query to the Firefox group instead of Thunderbird.
I think it arose because I initially reached Amazon from a link in an email from them. But, apart from that, my aged memory is like a sieve and I keep confusing the names of my two new programs. Perhaps for old fogeys like me they should be renamed Thundermail and Firebrowser?
M. R. Shifrin
Victorian Turkish Bath Website