Active X controls

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Brucey

Active X controls

Post by Brucey »

Hi,
I recently installed Firefox and realised that when visiting sites like Hotmail or Yahoo mail, the rich text editor providing coloured fonts and sizes etc. is not available. As I understand this is because of Firefox banning Active X controls for security reasons, is there any way I can get around this problem in order to edit my text in emails?

Thanks for your help!
birty

Post by birty »

see http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=140828 (deosn't work in 1.0 yet though)

Post by Guest »

Thanks birty...
So do you think Firefox will provide some kind of Active X support in future? Until that time I just have to wait and use plain text editing?
yamal

Post by yamal »

Re: Active X controls

Post by Guest »

Brucey wrote:Hi,
I recently installed Firefox and realised that when visiting sites like Hotmail or Yahoo mail, the rich text editor providing coloured fonts and sizes etc. is not available. As I understand this is because of Firefox banning Active X controls for security reasons, is there any way I can get around this problem in order to edit my text in emails?

Thanks for your help!

Access your Yahoo and Hotmail via a mail client such as 'Mozilla Thunderbird 0.9' www.mozilla.org/thunderbird and your problem is solved.

Post by Guest »

Don;'t suppose anyone knows when/if that procedure will work with 1.0???

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:Don;'t suppose anyone knows when/if that procedure will work with 1.0???

What procedure? Might be useful if you say what you're referring to when posting.
schwarz84

Post by schwarz84 »

>So do you think Firefox will provide some kind of Active X support in future?
No, there is a plugin however. According to the rumours, IE won't support it either (not in the current form, anyway) in the next version.
n0ob

Post by n0ob »

ActiveX is a security hole =D