FF 1.0 failure with amazon.co.uk ordering

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
SpooRancher

FF 1.0 failure with amazon.co.uk ordering

Post by SpooRancher »

Using FF 1.0 on WinXP SP2 (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0) I've just had a bad failure using the secure ordering page on amazon.co.uk (traffic goes via a local Apache caching system)

I get to the "checkout" page, but clicking on the radio buttons to change delivery methods and order batching gets a slow response, and eventually nothing at all happens on these buttons (but links from this page still work)

If I back up to the authentication page and come forward again to the "checkout" page, the buttons may work for a bit, but will end up in the same non-responsive state.

Backup and come forward and eventually, any action on the checkout page gets a message box "FireFox and amazon.co.uk cannot communicate as they have no common encryption protocols" (may not be the exact wording, sorry - I was more concerned with not losing my checkout basket at this moment)

I couldn't get anything to work at all from here on in and had to resort to IE (shudders)
pezzab

Amazon.co.uk problem as well....

Post by pezzab »

I was doing things the other way round, started using IE 6 then could not log on to amazon account, so thought I'd give FF a shot.

Logged in OK, confirmed order but when I tried to go to the checkout after entering card details I got an error message:

"Firefox and www.amazon.co.uk cannot communicate securely because they have no common encryption algorithms"

After closing this message none of the checkout buttons work at all. Trying again later on the same error message appears as I try to log in, even before I try to get to the shopping basket.

Cheers
fyo

Post by fyo »

Try disabling TLS1.0 under Tools->Options->Advanced->Security.

My ISP does the same thing. In their case, it is caused by a horribly poor check for encryption method. (Basically, it's trying to make sure the user has SSL2.0, but gets confused when TLS1.0 is found - for reference, TLS1.0 is newer than the other two).

-fyo
--------------------
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/2007022001 Firefox/2.0.0.2
SpooRancher

Post by SpooRancher »

fyo wrote:Try disabling TLS1.0 under Tools->Options->Advanced->Security.
-fyo

Mixed success. I was just now able to get right through the order process; but a colleague using FF 1.0 found things were worse, and couldn't even get to their secure server.....
TheOneKEA

Post by TheOneKEA »

I have no issues whatsoever using amazon.co.uk, and I have not modified my security settings.

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0
Proud user of teh Fox of Fire
Registered Linux User #289618
Doug Weller

Post by Doug Weller »

I had to disable OCSP.

Doug
BobaJob

Post by BobaJob »

I can't get one click ordering to work. (Disabling TLS1 got rid of protocol message and OCSP already disabled)
Bob
xcomm

Post by xcomm »

I can't get one click ordering to work.

Yeap - I'm too amazon.de!

Try disabling TLS1.0 under Tools->Options->Advanced->Security.

Great disabling TLS1.0 works - many thanks for this!!!

xcomm