Firefox Net Installer (something called Fetchfox perhaps?)

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
chessforce

Firefox Net Installer (something called Fetchfox perhaps?)

Post by chessforce »

I do not know whether this has been suggested before (at least Search did not turn anything up), and if it has, I apologize, but if not, here it is:

Mozilla Firefox, by itself is an awesome browser. At the same time, I believe that extensions, themes and plug-ins, make it even better. Therefore, I was wondering whether Mozilla can develop a net installer for Firefox that would allow users to select Extensions, Themes, and Plug-ins during the install phase. The installer would have a section that would have available extensions, themes and plug-ins listed, and categorized as they (extensions and themes) are on update.mozilla.org. Once the user has completed selecting, the installer can then fetch and install Firefox and other components. Also, the installer can have options for the user to install other Mozilla software such as Thunderbird and Sunbird (like the way MozUpdate does). Finally, the installer can have presets that the user can choose, instead of manually selecting extensions, themes, and plug-ins. The presets would instruct the installer to download and install a specific set of extensions, themes, and plug-ins defined within each preset. Thank you for reading and thanks to the Mozilla development team(s) for fabricating such great products!