Compose window not closing...

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Thunderbird
jettrue

Compose window not closing...

Post by jettrue »

Hi THere...

I'm experiencing what I would call a bug. When I click compose, and then say change my mind not wanting to send the mail, the compost window will not close at all. I get the "do you want to save a draft" message, I choose no, and the compose window freaks out. The top header stays, but the rest is sort of transparent, and the window will not close unless I close out Thunderbird all together.

Using Thunderbird 0.9 on XP SP2.

Thanks!
tkmz

Post by tkmz »

Yep, I can confirm this bug, it happens to me too. I've also seen it happen when I actually compose a message, send it and after a while there's this shadow window hiding behind my main TB window, I call it shadow because it only has the borders and title bar but everything inside is transparent. The window cannot be closed either, the only way to make it go away is to close TB.
tkmz

Post by tkmz »

jettrue,

Do you use a desktop manager such as multiDesk or the XP desktop manager powertoy?

I use multiDesk and I am wondering if Thunderbird and multiDesk don't play nicely ...
tkmz

Post by tkmz »

There's a tracking bug for this issue now:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=272707
jettrue

Late reply...

Post by jettrue »

But just wanted to say this is still happening in Thunderbird 1.0

Dracula, I'm not using the program you mentioned, but I wonder if its not something to do with some of the other 'desktop' apps I have running. I'm one of those annoying Mac replicators, and I have things like object bar, Y'z shadow, and Ave Desk.

Perhaps I'll try disabling some of these and do some testing.

It's quite an annoying bug.
jettrue

Post by jettrue »

Wow, that was easy...

It was a program called power menu. Added some features to the menu, like transparency, priority, and minimize to tray.

I had a clue it was the problem, when I disabled it, and it made my computer open TONS of things, and just go absolutely mad.

Now I've deleted it, and problem is gone.