2003-08-07 Windows, GTK2 Linux, OSX Builds Now Available

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
mscott

2003-08-07 Windows, GTK2 Linux, OSX Builds Now Available

Post by mscott »

You can find it here:

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/ ... -07-trunk/

*Please read the list of Known Issues before posting bugs in the bug forum or bugzilla, thanks!*

This is the first weekly build coming on the heels of our successful 0.1 milestone. Keep in mind, unlike 0.1, this build is a snapshot of the current Mozilla Trunk and there could be instabilities / regressions in the current trunk build.

Without further ado:

New Features
----------------

1) Icons from Arvid for the Options Dialog. Some tweaked mail toolbar icons such as the new Reply icon. Some tweaked mail compose icons.

2) A Previous button can now be added to the mail 3-pane toolbar to match the already existing Next button.

3) A Quote button can now be added to the mail compose button which quotes the contents of the currently selected message ala Netscape 4.x.

4) There is no longer a pref category called Send Options. It is a separate dialog launched by clicking the 'Send Options' button in the Compose panel.

5) The identity picker in mail compose now shows the name of the account associated with the identity.

6) Spell checker no longer spell checks quoted plain text replies!

7) Keyboard bindings now work in the address book. They have been broken for quite some time.

8) David Bienvenu checked in a big memory leak fix where we were keeping mail dbs open when we shouldn't.

9) Don Crandall fixed the location of the about dialog on OSX.

10) When dragging attachments over the mail compose addressing envelope, we automatically pop open the attachment bucket now and it stays open.

Known Issues
----------------
1) <del>Some users have reported issues where messages will not load in the message pane.</del> *Fix Checked In, redownload the build*

2) There is a strange focus issue in the addressing envelope in the compose window. Sometimes while typing in addresses, focus seems to lock up. You can get around it by moving focus into say the message body and then back into the addressing field.

3) I've been seeing weird things where the app stops loading mail messages for IMAP and I have to quit and restart. This may just be a problem with my mail server going down or it could be something in the app. To early to tell.

Enjoy,
-Scott
Last edited by mscott on August 13th, 2003, 10:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thunderbirds are Go!
jhirshon

Post by jhirshon »

AWESOME as always, my friend - keep up the phenomenal work! :)

cheers, JH
galapogos

Post by galapogos »

Is it just me or are themes not installing? Phoenity isn't working for me, is this the same skinversion 1.2 vs 1.5 problem we're seeing on FB?

Edit: turns out it is. Changint the skinversion from 1.2 to 1.5 in chrome.rdf allowed Phoenity to load, but it looks wrong. This SkinVersion thing is driving me nuts. I've stayed on the FB 1.5a trunk because of this, and now it manifests itself on TB :(
MBR

Re: 2003-08-07 Windows Build Now Available

Post by MBR »

mscott wrote:3) I made a change that effects how we kick urls out to the operating system. This has caused known problems on Mac and Linux (on mac the browser window starts up when you start thunderbird!). Let me know if you see any weirdness like this in the windows build. i.e. you click on a url in the message pane and it loads in the message pane instead of in your default browser. Or you try to load the start page in the message pane and it instead goes to your default browser.

Well that's really strange, but this build doesn't display any email messages for me. Neither in message pane nor in a new window. All I get is a blank area. Could this be related?
Newsgroup messages do work btw.

Edit: Another thing in the Options window: under Composition, the Send options are cut off and the window doesn't seem to be resizable. So I cannot access them.

Malte
Last edited by MBR on August 8th, 2003, 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
PaulH

Post by PaulH »

MBR wrote:Well that's really strange, but this build doesn't display any email messages for me. Neither in message pane nor in a new window. All I get is a blank area. Could this be related?

I'm seeing this behaviour too.. Although if you do Ctrl-U you can see the full message source still.. It's as tho it's not bothering to render the message.. I also noticed that selecting the message or opening the message in a message window does not mark it as read either.. No errors in the JS Console.. :/

Paul
uggi

Post by uggi »

mscott wrote:4) There is no longer a pref category called Send Options. It is a separate dialog launched by clicking the 'Send Options' button in the Compose panel.

The button is almost totally cut off in the Compose panel. The same problem exists with the General panel too.
Screenshots here and here.
uggi

Post by uggi »

MBR wrote:but this build doesn't display any email messages for me.

Happens to me too, but only with POP3 accounts. IMAP works fine.
danne

Post by danne »

I can't read any emails in other folders than 'inbox', and it seems fetching messages doesn't work that good at all. Had to restart to be able to delete an email. Therefore further testing will be difficult.

Using Courier IMAP.
mharbour

Post by mharbour »

I'm seeing the 'not displaying in preview pane' bug as well.

Looks like significant bustage...

Mel
swalker

Post by swalker »

uggi wrote:The button is almost totally cut off in the Compose panel. The same problem exists with the General panel too.
Screenshots here and here.

Hmm, I wonder if the 'for Mail' was removed from the Window Config. description if the pane would fit.
jhirshon

Post by jhirshon »

Sorry for the cross post, as I put this originally in the bugs forum - but it seems everyone is posting their bug items here for this build, so I thought better safe than sorry:

In the previous build, I had configured userchrome.css to show my messages and folders in 14 point bold stone sans serif, unread in orange. Now, in the latest build, it defaults to 12 point non-bold arial, though it still shows the unread in orange and I haven't changed my userchrome file.

Contents of my userchrome.css:

treerows {
background-color: #FDFFF8 ! important;
}

treechildren:-moz-tree-cell-text(read) {
font-size: 14pt ! important;
font-family : Stone Sans, Tahoma, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif ! important;
font-weight: bold;
}

treechildren:-moz-tree-cell-text(unread) {
}

treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(unread) {
color:orange!important;
}

treerows {
font-family : Arial, sans-serif ! important;
}

/* add to userchrome */
#advancedButton { display: -moz-box !important;
}

/* if you want to get rid of the clear button */
#clearButton { display: none !important;
}

/* controls font size of contacts tree */
#abResultsTree {
font-size: 12pt !important;
}

I'm on Win 2K, latest service pack.

Hope this helps - JH
PaulH

Post by PaulH »

jhirshon wrote:In the previous build, I had configured userchrome.css to show my messages and folders in 14 point bold stone sans serif, unread in orange. Now, in the latest build, it defaults to 12 point non-bold arial, though it still shows the unread in orange and I haven't changed my userchrome file.

Contents of my userchrome.css:

treechildren:-moz-tree-cell-text(read) {
}
<snip>
}

There was a change to the css code recently that required the :: rather than : for the -moz things (excuse my terminology, I'm not awake yet). Since your orange is still working I'd suggest you try changing the single colons to double colons.

Hope that helps,

Paul
jhirshon

Post by jhirshon »

Paul - turns out that changing single to double colons by itself didn't work - cleaning up some extra spaces AND adding double colons did work! :)

Many, many thanks for the tip - for others, this usercontent.css now works under Tbird 0.2a:

treerows {
background-color: #FDFFF8 ! important;
}

treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(read) {
font-size:14pt ! important;
font-family:Stone Sans, Tahoma, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif ! important;
font-weight:bold;
}

font-size:14pt ! important;
font-family:Stone Sans, Tahoma, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif ! important;
font-weight:bold;
}

}

treerows {
font-family : Arial, sans-serif ! important;
}

/* add to userchrome */
#advancedButton { display: -moz-box !important;
}

/* if you want to get rid of the clear button */
#clearButton { display: none !important;
}

/* controls font size of contacts tree */
#abResultsTree {
font-size: 12pt !important;
}
rockstiff

Post by rockstiff »

PaulH wrote:
MBR wrote:Well that's really strange, but this build doesn't display any email messages for me. Neither in message pane nor in a new window. All I get is a blank area. Could this be related?

I'm seeing this behaviour too.. Although if you do Ctrl-U you can see the full message source still.. It's as tho it's not bothering to render the message.. I also noticed that selecting the message or opening the message in a message window does not mark it as read either.. No errors in the JS Console.. :/

Paul

Same here... unable to read mail. I've had this happen once before, but then a restart solved the problem. Not so this time :(
Mozilla Firefox 0.9 20040817
Windows XP Professional SP1
Kris

Post by Kris »

rockstiff wrote:
PaulH wrote:

Paul

Same here... unable to read mail. I've had this happen once before, but then a restart solved the problem. Not so this time :(

Same here. On WinXP - Mozilla Thunderbird 0.2a (20030807)

Kris.