Discussion about "Document contains no data"

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
ravingnic

Re: "Document contains no data" - THE SOLUTION

Post by ravingnic »

Filipp0s wrote:[note: the above fix is for the "can't find server" bug that has crept up in the past year on internet explorer and I find it shocking that you are describing a similar thing for firefox.]

Just did step 4 as the first 3 I've done repeatedly for months now and it's offered no solution to the problem. I'm really replying though as I don't understand why you find it so shocking that someone is describing a similar thing for Firefox, as there are a absolute ton of people that this is happening to.
smurfettegreen1

Post by smurfettegreen1 »

thanks for the answers, I had previously done the first 2, along with night before last running scan disk and defragging, supposedly clearing up any left overs. Then this morning same problems. Uninstalled McAfee and Panda antivirus programs , installed EZArmor shield for virus control. So far things seem to be working smoother and I am keeping all fingers crossed. Let ya'll know if it keeps happenin.
sandy
A Rose is a Rose
Even With Thorns
Awesome

Post by Guest »

Well, I, who don't know Jack about this stuff, just did #3, and it did not seem to have any effect on the "no data" problem.
yamal

Post by yamal »

What Filipp0s forgets that it can also be a message that FF cant acces the internet at all, usely do to misconfigured firewalls/proxies/routers/cablemodem-settings.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Awas, kelapa jatuh!
ravingnic

Post by ravingnic »

Duhh to me! lol I should have written 'did #3'.

Either way, I'm still getting the problem but this time I'm thinking it might be more to do with the url's actually not being correct this time as the majority of sites are working.

Let's hope I haven't jinxed myself hey? lol

Post by Guest »

I tried all 3.. still having problems. Like going to this page it didnt work the 1st time but the 2nd did.. :/
smurfettegreen1

Post by smurfettegreen1 »

Anonymous wrote:I tried all 3.. still having problems. Like going to this page it didnt work the 1st time but the 2nd did.. :/
Seriously though check your anti-virus installations. Uninstall and reinstall. Just one thing though, I used to have Norton system. Then we formatted and I have tried numerous times to reinstall. The live updates would never work. So I quit trying that and installed MacaFee and to add more installed Panda Titanium. Then my trouble started. Uninstalled both of them, installed EZArmor. Cleared cache, cookies and all. I don't quite understand where to do Step 3. just exactly what is step 4?
Oh yes, everything seems to be going along smoothly now. Can't say exactly which one worked, but losing the
previous 2 antivirus programs helped.
Sandy
A Rose is a Rose
Even With Thorns
Awesome
ravingnic

Post by ravingnic »

There was no step 4 smurfettegreen1, if you read the post two up from yours I said that I messed up and wrote 4 instead of 3.

I don't use Norton's or McAfee for av protection so that's not the problem. I use AVG and always have, always will. I'm not changing my av protection just so I can use a browser. I really like Firefox/Mozilla but not enough to have to change which av program I use. I'd rather wait until they just fix the bug properly.
milchschnitte

Post by milchschnitte »

bumping it up coz ppl are asking :)
ravingnic

Post by ravingnic »

maybe it should be made one of those sticky things? There seem to be a hell of a lot of people who have this problem.
ravingnic

Post by ravingnic »

bumping it again :)

Post by Guest »

Yeah, its more annoying than pop ups. I even get it on the Firefox/Mozilla Information Bookmarks =/.
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

actually there are 2 prefs which may help the problem

"network.prefetch-next" change value to "false"
"network.http.pipelining" change to "false"

Post by Guest »

Actually, the 3rd thing works great. it stops the popup messages and displays the error on the page itself, which is perfect.
Everonn

Post by Everonn »

This has been a hell of a problem for me for the past few versions. I'm not exactly sure why, since at one time my system was in harmony and everything worked flawlessly, with Firefox as my default browser. Then suddenly without adding new software or anything, it stopped.

Firefox would throw up connection errors, not load stylesheets and images properly, and generally run like crap. I did just now try uninstalling Panda Titanium Antivirus, and that seemed to do the trick.

Now, I like Firefox but, like ravingnic, I'm not going to abandon my choice of A/V software because Firefox doesn't work right. No other internet application on my system has any trouble running with Panda, and apparently that's not the only A/V people here are having trouble with, so it seems to be something for the Firefox team to address.

Until they do, I'm (with much regret) using MSIE, which (even with all the crap you can say about it) just simply works.