MozillaZine

Unofficial Win32 2003.09.09 w/ DOMi and Venkman

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
scragz

Post Posted September 9th, 2003, 11:11 am

Code: Select all
chrome/inspector.jar/content/inspector/extensions/titledSplitter.xml
chrome/inspector.jar/content/nspector/extensions/treeEditable.xml

… have been modified to have <code>bindings</code> replaced with <code>widgets</code>. Has this been fixed yet?

chrome/browser.jar/content/browser/browser.xul

… has been modified to put DOMi and Venkman menu items in under <kbd>Tools</kbd>.

MozillaFirebird-2003.09.09-0818.zip

export MOZ_PHOENIX=1
mk_add_options MOZ_PHOENIX=1
ac_add_options --enable-crypto
ac_add_options --disable-tests
ac_add_options --disable-debug
ac_add_options --disable-mailnews
ac_add_options --disable-composer
ac_add_options --disable-ldap
ac_add_options --enable-optimize
ac_add_options --enable-extensions=inspector,venkman,cookie,xml-rpc,
     xmlextras,p3p,pref,transformiix,universalchardet,typeaheadfind,webservices
ac_add_options --enable-static
ac_add_options --disable-shared

jrobbio

Post Posted September 9th, 2003, 1:34 pm

Cool I might try it later.

Rob
Official Win32 BitTorrent 0.7: here
BT Tracker
- Get the latest Fire/Thunderbird builds

Yek

Post Posted September 9th, 2003, 1:49 pm

… have been modified to have bindings replaced with widgets. Has this been fixed yet?

I don't think so. I just did a cvs co to build thunderbird (first time I tried it, very cool), and also made firebird with DOMi/Venkman, but had to edit those two files to replace bindings. I think I checked out source at ~8am pst (~1600gmt). I didn't notice any checkins for that yet, but usually miss seeing about 1/2 of them.

mxsharma

Post Posted September 9th, 2003, 4:59 pm

Works fine so far... no problems with all the regular sites, DOMi works like a charm.

Only one question- I remember reading somewhere that the DOMi offers a way to generate a PNG image of a DOM node... from the Box Model menu... is that true? I couldn't find any link to "Capture"...

thanks for the build Scragz...
A schedule is an artificial device created without knowledge of the future. - Scott Adams

Sailfish

Post Posted September 9th, 2003, 5:01 pm

Even though my primary computer has been dead for over a week (reads: I'm not able to download/test new builds), its still nice to know that you're still producing them for the time when I'll once again be up and running.

RafG

Post Posted September 11th, 2003, 1:16 am

mxsharma wrote:Only one question- I remember reading somewhere that the DOMi offers a way to generate a PNG image of a DOM node... from the Box Model menu... is that true? I couldn't find any link to "Capture"....

It has been removed, at least temporarily, because it was very buggy. No need to despair though; there's a Uzilla project that aims to enhance (and, I assume, eventually readd) this feature: take a look at http://uzilla.net/uzilla/blog/mozilla/s ... apture.cfm

zeimusu

Post Posted September 11th, 2003, 7:38 am

This build is crashing on startup for me unless I start it via the profile manager. Strangely, then I can start my old profile (so it's not a faulty profile per se). I just can't run it directly from the icon.
A shame, because I really miss DOMi in the official builds

I've Japanese Win XP FWIW

swtaarrs

Post Posted September 12th, 2003, 3:00 pm

I built firebird with the inspector, but when I start it with MozillaFirebird -inspector [url] or using a menu addon, the inspector comes up but nothing happens. If I enter a url into the inspector's address bar, the page shows up in the bottom of the window, but the document tree doesn't appear anywhere. What do I have to do to get it working? I tried editing those xml files scragz said he did and putting them back in the jar but that didn't help.

Return to Firefox Builds