Official WIN32 20030911 is out

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
jrobbio

Official WIN32 20030911 is out

Post by jrobbio »

BitTorrent available Here

If you have a Proxy or a firewall especially the Windows XP one and are having trouble, then please read the instructions. Links can be found on the tracker.

If you've already got the file, want to help share it and have BitTorrent installed, open the file above and point to the zip file and you will become a seeder.

Please try and keep your windows open as long as possible although it is not mandatory.

EDIT:
I haven't prepared a decent FAQ yet, but the best one on the net can be found here:
here

Rob
Last edited by jrobbio on September 11th, 2003, 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Official Win32 BitTorrent 0.7: here
BT Tracker
- Get the latest Fire/Thunderbird builds
jmccrary

Java problem

Post by jmccrary »

Following page totally locks my computer - requiring hard reboot

http://www.visualthesaurus.com/classic/index.html

using sun java 1.305
petsounds

Post by petsounds »

WFM

Using j2re-1_4_2_01-windows
AGSHender

Re: Java problem

Post by AGSHender »

jmccrary wrote:Following page totally locks my computer - requiring hard reboot

using sun java 1.305

Worked for me, too. You should upgrade your version of Java and see if that fixes things.
JSS3rd

Re: Java problem

Post by JSS3rd »

jmccrary wrote:Following page totally locks my computer - requiring hard reboot

using sun java 1.305

No problem here, but I'm using Java 1.4
Jim
64-bit Win7 Pro SP1, 64-bit PM (Pale Moon) 27.8.2, 64-bit FF 59.0.2, 32-bit TB 52.7.0
Buddy Christ

Post by Buddy Christ »

Jrobbio: Not everyone knows where to get bit torrent or how to set it up. And I doubt many would bother when they can download from Mozilla's ftp much easier. You should include a link to the bit torrent's download site and good faq about using it. More people will use it this way.
jrobbio

Post by jrobbio »

Buddy Christ wrote:Jrobbio: Not everyone knows where to get bit torrent or how to set it up. And I doubt many would bother when they can download from Mozilla's ftp much easier. You should include a link to the bit torrent's download site and good faq about using it in your sig. More people will use it this way.

Yes good point, I will get onto that tonight. However I'll point to the best one on the net for now, which can be found here:
Brian's BitTorrent FAQ and Guide

Rob
Official Win32 BitTorrent 0.7: here
BT Tracker
- Get the latest Fire/Thunderbird builds
MozJF

Post by MozJF »

jrobbio wrote:
Buddy Christ wrote:Jrobbio: Not everyone knows where to get bit torrent or how to set it up. And I doubt many would bother when they can download from Mozilla's ftp much easier. You should include a link to the bit torrent's download site and good faq about using it in your sig. More people will use it this way.

Yes good point, I will get onto that tonight. However I'll point to the best one on the net for now, which can be found here:
Brian's BitTorrent FAQ and Guide

Rob

It is sometimes faster with ftp than with p2p :)
MozJF
bthater
Location: i'd tell you, but then i'd have to cut off you head and put it in the safe.

Post by bthater »

TBE still giving me random wallet errors. and i've lost the instructions for getting things to load in tabs instead of opening new windows... and yes i know there's a search function but do you have any idea how many hits i get back?;-) i'll go hunting unless someone has pity on the database geek and posts it here.;-)
--

Bill "Shrek" Thater ORACLE DBA
bthater2@netsacpe.net
------------------------------------------------------------------------
AGSHender

Post by AGSHender »

MozJF wrote:It is sometimes faster with ftp than with p2p :)

No one's denying that, certainly. I got my copy of the dialy Firebird build today at around 1/8 of the speed I'd normally get it off the Mozilla FTP site. The point of using BitTorrent, though, is to save Mozilla's bandwidth costs. Now that they're not under AOL's wing anymore, cost savings will help them in the long run. The more people who BT their files, the more bandwidth costs that the Mozilla Organization can save on.
Buddy Christ

Post by Buddy Christ »

With this build I'm having a display problem with Mozillazine. The white to green transition at the bottom of pages where it says "Display topics from previous: ..." is distorted and has white marks on it. It happens only rarely so it's not a big problem. I haven't noticed this before, could it be from the checkin for slow scrolling with large backgrounds?

Another is with the insertion point forgetting where it should be. If I have two tabs open in the same window, each in a text box, and I switch tabs they forget their location. This doesn't happen between windows though. I don't recall this happening before, so could this be a new bug?
TeddyBerlin

Post by TeddyBerlin »

This build works fine for me.
Heinrich Witt
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7b) Gecko/20040309 Firefox/0.8.0+
Mozilla Thunderbird 0.5+ (20040304)
wgianopoulos

Post by wgianopoulos »

bthater wrote:i've lost the instructions for getting things to load in tabs instead of opening new windows

Hold down Ctrl while you click on the link
wgianopoulos

Post by wgianopoulos »

wgianopoulos@yahoo.com wrote:
bthater wrote:i've lost the instructions for getting things to load in tabs instead of opening new windows

Hold down Ctrl while you click on the link

Or were you looking for this?

http://texturizer.net/firebird/extensio ... references
SnowSurfer

Post by SnowSurfer »

i bt'ed it, i will leave my window open for an hour or two...whatever it takes to help, if we get enough people seeding and stuff the dl's will be super fast off bt
~SnowSurfer~