Unofficial 0.7 RC/preview for win32

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
mconnor

Unofficial 0.7 RC/preview for win32

Post by mconnor »

http://members.rogers.com/mpconnor/buil ... ficial.zip

built from the Mozilla 1.5 branch today from a new tree, using MSVC++ 6.0 and the official build options (from about:buildconfig in the most recent win32 nightly).

please post any problems you have with this build in the thread, this is very close to what you will see when 0.7 comes out for real. Anything that is a real showstopper has been triaged in Bugzilla already, please don't vent about your pet bugs here.

Edit: stomach problems == no coffee == stupid linkage, thanks
Last edited by mconnor on September 19th, 2003, 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lost User 12105

Re: Unofficial 0.7 RC/preview for win32

Post by Lost User 12105 »

Edit
Last edited by Lost User 12105 on September 19th, 2003, 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TeddyBerlin

Post by TeddyBerlin »

Works so far very well.
But if this build works well, why there is then no official build?
Heinrich Witt

Edit : This build is very fast. Very good work.
Last edited by TeddyBerlin on September 19th, 2003, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7b) Gecko/20040309 Firefox/0.8.0+
Mozilla Thunderbird 0.5+ (20040304)
p3lvicthrust

Post by p3lvicthrust »

This seems to be working well for me as well on Win2k SP4. Fresh profile and the test version of TBE at
http://white.sakura.ne.jp/~piro/xul/xpi ... s_test.xpi
Kasteo

Post by Kasteo »

Working well and fast on WindowsXP SP1. TBE test version also work well with this built.
ehume

Post by ehume »

Check out the UA: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20030919 Firebird/0.7

Used a fresh profile.

One thing I noticed was that most extensions that normally offer a chooice between profile and global simply installed to their folder. These installed to global: ctc, goto, linkit, linky, mozfrbh, pasteandgo, textplain, ttlo. These extensions installed to profile: aio, link toolbar (it did not give me a choice!), copyimage, autoform, mozcalc, quicknote, toolbarext. Note that when I am given a choice, I install to profile.

I was careful to install toolbar extension 0.2 and not 0.3--0.3 has been changed to reflect a change in organization that occurred on the Moz 1.6 trunk. Toolbarext 0.2 is working fine in this build.

So far, other than the no-choice extension installations, all is OK.

BTW--Thank you for building 0.7 on the 1.5 trunk. I was getting distressed thinking that 0.7 would be built on shifty alpha code.
Firefox: Sic transit gloria mundi.
SuperJeff

Post by SuperJeff »

Anyone else have a problem with the OK button not working in the dialog notifying about blocked popups?
I had to use task manager to close Firebird since I could not close the modal dialog box.
wgianopoulos

Re: Unofficial 0.7 RC/preview for win32

Post by wgianopoulos »

mpconnor wrote:please post any problems you have with this build in the thread

Works great so far! No new Easter Egg though?
ehume

Post by ehume »

SuperJeff wrote:Anyone else have a problem with the OK button not working in the dialog notifying about blocked popups?
I had to use task manager to close Firebird since I could not close the modal dialog box.
WFM.

Still the nagging issue of favicons in the links toolbar, but I like this build better than 2003-09-17 and (unofficial) 2003-09-18.
ehume

Post by ehume »

Another problem with this build is the difficulty with bookmark folders. Sometimes you can't close them. When the Bookmarks Toolbar gets hung open, for example, it can be devilishly hard to close.

The Bookmarks Toolbar can overhang the horizontal space; when it does that, it forms a dropdown menu that can get into trouble in this build. I don't remember this being a problem before now.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

This build is working well on all my usual sites.
will keep testing

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20030919 Firebird/0.7
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Frodo Baggins

Post by Frodo Baggins »

Wow this is a pretty good build! Seems very fast to me compared to some of the the nightlies lately. no offense to anyone lol. If this is a taste of what 0.7 is like then the final is going to be great. I think Firebird will blow all the other browsers away by the time it hits the 1.0 milestone. Keep up the good work guys:)
Jack

Post by Jack »

ehume wrote:Another problem with this build is the difficulty with bookmark folders. Sometimes you can't close them. When the Bookmarks Toolbar gets hung open, for example, it can be devilishly hard to close.

The Bookmarks Toolbar can overhang the horizontal space; when it does that, it forms a dropdown menu that can get into trouble in this build. I don't remember this being a problem before now.

That's a relatively "old" bug. See <a href="http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=210910">bug 210910</a>. There's a patch for this bug that works, as I added it to my 0.6.1 Plus and it works just fine, but it's yet to be reviewed by a Mozilla developer. I hope it makes it in to 0.7.

If it doesn't, I suppose I'll have to commission a special 0.7 build as well. :P

Jack
gahbmwM5

Post by gahbmwM5 »

Jack Comics wrote: There's a patch for this bug that works, as I added it to my 0.6.1 Plus and it works just fine, but it's yet to be reviewed by a Mozilla developer. I hope it makes it in to 0.7.

If it doesn't, I suppose I'll have to commission a special 0.7 build as well. :P

Jack

Jack,

I like your style man! :) lol...
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:2.0b7) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b7
James

Post by James »

umm ..unless I missed something, I find that if I go to the themes sites it gives me the skin 1.2 themes I believe and not the 1.5.

I can get lynch's mercnvert and updated Gant to work properly.

I'm using a new profile for this build.

but why is the texturizer and extensionroom giving me old themes?

edit: woo hoo ftp://ftp. links now work for me as it didn't in Sept.12-17 nightlys.
Last edited by James on September 19th, 2003, 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.