Missing Password

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
embillma

Missing Password

Post by embillma »

MF 1.0.4 in use and set to open at Yahoo Mail as homepage.

"Save Passwords" is activated but does not work for the mail site.

What am I missing?

Thanks
eoff

Post by eoff »

Many mail sites use techniques like autocomplete=off to foil your browser's ability to remember passwords. You can make it work with many sites such as yahoo mail and gmail, by going here: http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/forms.html
and saving the bookmarklet called "Remember Password." Just bookmark the bookmarket, then use it as needed.
embillma

Post by embillma »

Tks. Will give it a try.
embillma

Missing Password

Post by embillma »

Gave Bookmarklets a shot but all it does is provide another bookmark.
Home page opens to Yahoo Mail and am interested in having the ID and password saved there to preclude entering.
Bookmarklet doesn't do that for me unless I have missed something.
Other suggestions or directions will be appreciated.
eoff

Post by eoff »

Works for me with Yahoo mail. Instructions: "Use this bookmarklet just before submitting the form with your password in it. When you submit the form, your browser should offer to remember the password (as if the site didn't use autocomplete="off"); click "Yes". Once your browser has your password stored, it will ignore autocomplete="off", so you won't have to use the bookmarklet each time you visit the site." In other words, fill out the username and password in the Yahoo boxes, then click the bookmarked "remember password" bookmarklet; your browser will then offer to remember it, click yes and in fact it will do so.
embillma

Post by embillma »

Thank you, thank you thank you!!!

(Obvious why I needed detailed instructions - LOL)