MozillaZine

module.rc Build Error

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Bernie

Post Posted September 29th, 2003, 5:26 pm

I haven't been able to successfully build Firebird for a few nights now. I think if I didn't have the following line in my .mozconfig file I'd be okay, but I want to enable debug:
Code: Select all
ac_add_options --enable-debug

It took about 2 hours of building before the error initially showed up, but I don't seem to be able to work around it. The contents of my .mozconfig file are as follows:
CC=gcc
CXX=g++
CPP=cpp
AS=as
LD=ld
ac_add_options --disable-composer
ac_add_options --enable-debug
ac_add_options --disable-ldap
ac_add_options --disable-mailnews
ac_add_options --disable-tests
ac_add_options --enable-crypto
ac_add_options --enable-strip
ac_add_options --enable-strip-libs
ac_add_options --disable-accessibility
ac_add_options --disable-activex
export MOZ_PHOENIX=1
mk_add_options MOZ_PHOENIX=1

The error I'm getting is as follows:
make[1]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/c/mozilla/mozilla/browser/app'
make[2]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/c/mozilla/mozilla/browser/app/profile'
make[3]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/c/mozilla/mozilla/browser/app/profile/chrome'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `export'.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/mozilla/mozilla/browser/app/profile/chrome'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/mozilla/mozilla/browser/app/profile'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/mozilla/mozilla/browser/app'
/usr/bin/make libs
make[1]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/c/mozilla/mozilla/browser/app'
Creating Resource file: module.res
/cygdrive/c/mozilla/mozilla/build/cygwin-wrapper windres -O coff --use-temp-file -DMOZ_PHOENIX --inc
lude-dir /cygdrive/c/mozilla/mozilla/browser/app -DOSTYPE=\"WINNT5.1\" -DOSARCH=\"WINNT\" --include-
dir ../../dist/include/appshell --include-dir ../../dist/include/string --include-dir ../../dist/inc
lude/xpcom --include-dir ../../dist/include/xulapp --include-dir ../../dist/include --include-dir ..
/../dist/include --include-dir ../../dist/include/nspr -o module.res /cygdrive/c/mozilla/mozilla/bro
wser/app/module.rc
c:\mozilla\mingw\bin\windres.exe: c:/mozilla/mozilla/browser/app/module.rc:106: syntax error
make[1]: *** [module.res] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/mozilla/mozilla/browser/app'
make: *** [all] Error 2

When I look near line 106 in the module.rc file, I see the following:
#ifndef __MINGW32__
            IDB_SPLASH,
#endif
         IDB_SPLASH,
         "Static",
         SS_BITMAP,
   END

I'm not exactly sure, but it looks like in certain cases the IDB_SPLASH line would occur more than once, which seems wrong. However, I'm building with mingw so I wouldn't think the duplicate line would appear.

Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on? I've tried updating my code via CVS several times over the past few days and the problem seems to persist. Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer thoughts/ideas/suggestions, etc.
Bernie Zimmermann
http://www.bernzilla.com

cls

Post Posted September 29th, 2003, 9:17 pm

It looks like the same issue that's being discussed over at http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 9b79d39c76 .

Bernie

Post Posted September 30th, 2003, 9:48 pm

Has anyone building Firebird with MinGW been able to verify that bryner's check-in tonight fixes the bustage? If so, please say so in Bug #220433. Thanks!
Bernie Zimmermann
http://www.bernzilla.com

mep

Post Posted December 4th, 2003, 4:49 pm

Bernie wrote:Has anyone building Firebird with MinGW been able to verify that bryner's check-in tonight fixes the bustage? If so, please say so in Bug #220433. Thanks!
Hello, I already downloaded this fix but I don't know how to apply!. Can you tell me (under Windows XP and the path c:\mozilla\mozilla). Thanks anyway.

MozJF

Post Posted December 5th, 2003, 2:50 am

Bernie wrote:Has anyone building Firebird with MinGW been able to verify that bryner's check-in tonight fixes the bustage? If so, please say so in Bug #220433. Thanks!

Bryner doesn't fix nothing :|

I've done a checkout at midnight mozilla.org time (fix included at 12:38 yesterday mozilla.org time), and it still kills build process...
MozJF

aebrahim

Post Posted December 5th, 2003, 8:08 am

MozJF wrote:

I've done a checkout at midnight mozilla.org time (fix included at 12:38 yesterday mozilla.org time), and it still kills build process...

MozJF, I've attached a new patch to bug 227353. Can you try that and confirm that it works please? Thanks.

MozJF

Post Posted December 5th, 2003, 9:24 am

aebrahim wrote:
MozJF wrote:

MozJF, I've attached a new patch to bug 227353. Can you try that and confirm that it works please? Thanks.

Building for now. Let's hope :)

Edit : it works. let's hope it will go in the source :)
MozJF

Anthracks

Post Posted December 5th, 2003, 12:51 pm

mep wrote:Hello, I already downloaded this fix but I don't know how to apply!.

To apply a patch from Bugzilla, download the file and put it in the same folder as the file(s) that need patching. In the case of this patch, starting at the folder where you have the mozilla sources, you'd put it in browser/app. Now, open up the same command prompt setup you use to build. Use the <code>cd</code> command to change to the directory you saved the file in, and type <code>patch < patchFileName</code> where <code>patchFileName</code> is the name of the patch you just downloaded. After a couple seconds, depending on the size of the files, you should get a message saying the patch successfully applied. Now when you rebuild Firebird, the changes will be taken into account.

Once the bug is officially fixed, you should delete the file you patched and re-get it from CVS so you're in sync with the main code base, but this is a good way to test experimental fixes before they're released to the masses ;). Hope that helps.

Return to Firefox Builds