Firefox 1.04 freezes whole system up daily!

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
xxl7100

Firefox 1.04 freezes whole system up daily!

Post by xxl7100 »

I run a laptop with these specs and FF 1.04:

P4 1,7GHZ, 512MB DDR RAM, Win XP Pro

Firefox freezes up daily, when I start scrolling a site, it suddenly stops. And it's done.
Five more clicks with my mouse and I hear the well-known system-beep: Frozen.

The only thing there's left to do is using the on/off button.
Whole system f*** up!

Anyone has an idea why this ONLY happens with FF? IE/Opera work fine.
LeRoi

Post by LeRoi »

See if FatJohn's reply in this thread has any relevance:

Firefox Freezes (Please help!) - MozillaZine Forums
xxl7100

Post by xxl7100 »

Nope, the only extensions I run is adblocker and BB Code and even before those extensions I had these problems.
LeRoi

Post by LeRoi »

Does the same problem occur if you start Firefox using the Firefox safe mode shortcut in your programs menu; Mozilla Firefox > Mozilla Firefox (safe mode)?

If so, create a new Firefox profile with a unique name and see if the problem persists in it.

Close Firefox and end tasks of any Firefox processes still running via ctrl+alt+del.

Back up important files housed in the profile folder (copy and paste to another location):

Windows XP: Show Hidden Program or System Files

Locate your profile folder

Backing up your profile

Making a partial backup

(The steps above are precautionary and not absolutely necessary before creating a new profile)

Create a new profile

Restoring your browsing data
xxl7100

Post by xxl7100 »

LeRoi wrote:Does the same problem occur if you start Firefox using the Firefox safe mode shortcut in your programs menu; Mozilla Firefox > Mozilla Firefox (safe mode)?

If so, create a new Firefox profile with a unique name and see if the problem persists in it.

Close Firefox and end tasks of any Firefox processes still running via ctrl+alt+del.

Back up important files housed in the profile folder (copy and paste to another location):

Windows XP: Show Hidden Program or System Files

Locate your profile folder

Backing up your profile

Making a partial backup

(The steps above are precautionary and not absolutely necessary before creating a new profile)

Create a new profile

Restoring your browsing data

Holy Moses!
IS that necessary to get rid of a bug? What is the actual problem that makes this happen anyway?
LeRoi

Post by LeRoi »

Not sure, that's why I recommended creating a new profile to see if the problem persists in it.

You don't have to back everything up first if you will be sure to give the new profile a name that is different from your original (default?) profile.

It is still a very good idea to make regular back ups, with computers anything can happen.
xxl7100

Post by xxl7100 »

It doesn't happen when I put Firefox in Safe Mode. What does that mean? That my extensions are corrupt?