The Official 2005-08-25 builds

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
Old Unghost

The Official 2005-08-25 builds

Post by Old Unghost »

The Official Thunderbird ... builds are out" - RSS feed

IRC channel: #Thunderbird

Chase Phillips - Aug 25 2005 wrote:Software update channel patches are in!
Earlier this evening I landed the patches in bug 302721. This work is the result of much effort by the software update team -- Darin Fisher, Ben Goodger, Mike Morgan, and myself with reviews by Brian Ryner and Benjamin Smedberg. It adds the capability for Firefox and Thunderbird to send channel data along with the rest of the app's information to AUS, the Application Update Server.
What channels will we eventually have? Time will tell. For now, AUS recognizes two channels: default and nightly. When a build is created and --enable-update-channel isn't set in mozconfig the 'default' channel is selected. The trunk and Mozilla 1.8 release build systems all embed the 'nightly' channel. The default channel gets no updates from AUS while the nightly channel gets the latest nightly build. Firefox 1.5 beta will be released with a channel that will let AUS limit the updates downloaders of those builds get to beta quality or better through the 1.5 cycle.
In case you want to disable software update for a nightly build that you've downloaded, follow these steps:
1. Go to Tools -> Options.
2. Click Advanced.
3. Click the Update tab.
4. Under "When updates to Deer Park are found" click "Ask me what I want to do".
Want to find out when our testing begins on a bigger scale? Head over to the QA blog to get info on how to sign-up for the software update beta testing mailing list.

set app.update.url to [url=https://aus2.mozilla.org/update/1/%PRODUCT%/%VERSION%/%BUILD_ID%/%BUILD_TARGET%/%LOCALE%/%CHANNEL%/update.xml]'Current Update Address'[/url]

Warning, do not use trunk and branch nightly builds with the same profile !

Trunk & Branch FAQ - read it before asking questions

The Official 2005-08-25 Branch builds are OUT

Win EXE Installer, Win MSI Installer, Win Zip, Linux and Mac.

The Official 2005-08-25 Trunk builds are OUT

Win EXE Installer, Win MSI Installer, Win Zip, Linux and Mac.

Red is not yet out at the editing time of this thread.
Green is out at the editing time of this thread.

The latest Alpha release is Thunderbird 1.1a2 - What's New in Thunderbird 1.1a2
The latest Stable release is Thunderbird 1.0.6 (Do not use Thunderbird 1.0.6 with a 1.0+ profile !!)

The latest nightly general directories:
Branch:
Official Branch (en-US builds) || Official Branch (localized builds)
Hourly Branch builds:
PATROCLES Tinderbox builds for Win32 || CRAZYHORSE Tinderbox builds for Linux || TRITON Tinderbox builds for MacOS X || Branch Tinderbox || Bonsai

Trunk:
Official Trunk (en-US builds) || Official Trunk (localized builds)
Hourly Trunk builds: PATROCLES Tinderbox builds for Win32 || CRAZYHORSE Tinderbox builds for Linux || TRITON Tinderbox builds for MacOS X || Trunk Tinderbox || Bonsai

Third party builds: Unofficial Branch/Trunk

These are changes between 2005-08-24 and 2005-08-25
Fixes for Core (Mailnews), Toolkit and Thunderbird are included

If you find problems/bugs:
  1. Post them in this thread
  2. Properly describe the problem
  3. Include the url where you have the problem (if this is the case)
  4. copy your useragent+buildtime to clipboard, use the Nightly Tester Tools
  5. Installer build or .zip version?
  6. Does a new profile fix the problem?
  7. Include the list of extensions you have installed (preferably none to start with)

This makes it a lot easier for others to duplicate your problem.

Fixes: OS in []
  1. BOTH: #305467 [Core] Failure to mark headers as downloaded on cancel/stop results in duplicates. [Win]
  2. TRUNK: #58696 [Core] javascript strict warnings in addressbook.js [All]
  3. BOTH: #305390 [Firefox] show user Firefox will startup after installation is complete [All] [Patch: add line telling the user that Firefox and Thunderbird will startup after installation is complete]
  4. BOTH: #303895 [Mozilla Application Suite] Threadpane drop-down list 'View->Customize..." opens Saved Search [All] [Patch: move the Save View as a Folder menu item to the bottom of the view picker menu list.]
  5. BOTH: #302721 [Firefox] Implement update service channels [All]
  6. TRUNK: #305759 [Toolkit] Include INC files check in compare-locales.pl [All]
  7. TRUNK: #305622 [Thunderbird] Account Settings broken [Win]
  8. BOTH: #118563 [Core] The new print properties dialog does not save papersize [All]
  9. BRANCH: #303160 [Core] Add support for GSSAPI Authentication to IMAP [Win]
  10. BRANCH: #280792 [Core] Include Optional Support for MIT Kerberos for Windows [Win]
  11. BRANCH: #241212 [Mozilla Application Suite] Message window for .EML file needs envelope panel [All]
  12. BRANCH: #220933 [Core] Manually marking message as Junk should mark it Read as well [All]
  13. BRANCH: #305361 [Firefox] install-global-extension and install-global-theme work inconsistently [All]
  14. BRANCH: #302273 [Firefox] Updates to Themes are not shown when checking for all updates [All]

Patched, but not completely fixed:
  1. TRUNK: #63083 [Mozilla Application Suite] mailnews makefiles use EXPORTS instead of INCLUDES [All]
  2. BRANCH: #305131 [Core] Mac l10n tinderbox builds are failing due to a stale mountpoint (mount-temp) that is used in the packaging process [Mac]

Regressions/confirmed/annoying bugs (Branch and Trunk):
    All OS
  1. #206219Background color for HTML messages is forced
  2. #234466Syntax highlighting is broke for view source
  3. #243701Thunderbird freezes / crashes after inactivity
  4. #262408POP3 mail duplicates with Leave Messages on Server - Only on one account from 3!
  5. #278612Thunderbird can nuke local folder contents when you move them around (-)
  6. #286655deleting or detaching attachment from POP+IMAP message duplicates the message
  7. #298737unread newsgroup counts disappear after a short time
  8. #301084 Option to file replies in folder of original message (targeted for 1.8b4)

Windows
  1. #223909copy and paste windows clipboard images (patch) (targeted for 1.1)
  2. #228649Unable to download mail from pop3 server caused by junk email
  3. #253268add message read , junk status to search results window (-)
  4. #256510Return receipts don't use Multiple identities
  5. #263345Remote images not blocked when forwarding mail (inline) or replying (+)
  6. #268746unable to reply, fwd, move or copy .eml opened from disk
  7. #272328New Mail Notification Icon remains in Task Bar until manual "get new mail" (-)
  8. #285076XUL Template Builder isn't working with Dynamic overlays (patch) (+)
  9. #290451IMAP Saved Search folders will break when using a & in the name

Linux
  1. #250374thunderbird starts up to a blank/empty screen

Thunderbird 1.5 bugstatus for ALL operating systems: (=day of last update)
Bugs nominated for blocking Thunderbird 1.5 =https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&product=Thunderbird&target_milestone=---&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&status_whiteboard=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&field0-0-0=flagtypes.name&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=blocking-aviary1.5%3F ( 0 )
Bugs confirmed for blocking Thunderbird 1.5 =2 ( 2 )
Bugs verified targeted for Thunderbird 1.1 and 1.5 =30 ( 29 )
Bugs targeted for 1.1 and 1.5 and FIXED =230 ( 229 )

(backup valuable info in your your profile if you're a daily tester)

This is attempt to clone the Mad Maks fixlist on the Thunderbird Builds page.
Original idea - Ale and Peter(6).
All credit goes to Ale, Mad Maks and Peter(6) and me ;-).
Regressions/confirmed/annoying bugs list design by Diorser
All credit goes to Diorser ;-)
therearenoteams

Post by therearenoteams »

Image News, local folders are missing; and observe the extra folder icons. This is for today's build, Windows XP, old profile.
Last edited by therearenoteams on August 25th, 2005, 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
michael83

Post by michael83 »

Hello,

I've seen bug <a href="https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=256510" target="_blank" class="postlink">#256510 </a>(Return receipts don't use Multiple identities) is in the confirmed bug list.

If multiples identities are going to be fixed, the bug <a href="https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=303310" target="_blank" class="postlink">#303310 </a> ("Reply with template" filter ignores multiple identities) should be considered too. It looks like a joke: every time a new feature is developed, multiples identities don't work... ;-)

By the way, good job and thanks for Thunderbird!
ColdFusion650

Post by ColdFusion650 »

therearenoteams wrote:Image News, local folders are missing; and observe the extra folder icons. This is for today's build, Windows XP, old profile.

im seeing the same. any news and blogs accounts and local folders are gone. 2 extra blank, undeletable folder at the top, not associated with any account.

edit: mscott says that this is 305868.
edit: fixed.
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

michael83 wrote:Hello,

I've seen bug <a href="https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=256510" target="_blank" class="postlink">#256510 </a>(Return receipts don't use Multiple identities) is in the confirmed bug list.

If multiples identities are going to be fixed, the bug <a href="https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=303310" target="_blank" class="postlink">#303310 </a> ("Reply with template" filter ignores multiple identities) should be considered too. It looks like a joke: every time a new feature is developed, multiples identities don't work... ;-)

By the way, good job and thanks for Thunderbird!

I don't know what return receipts has to do with the "filter" "reply with template" 2 different items.
Remember that the filter actions have only been around for , maybe 30 days or so, be patient.
I personally have just been grateful that filters worked at all, let alone that they recognized the correct identity.
I haven't really looked at the identity issue at all with filters. But your bug submission does not really show how to reproduce the "bug" And how would you indicate to the filter which identity that you would like to reply with except with the default. I see no mechanism for that.
JoeS Testing current Thunderbird trunk builds WinXP SP2+
news://news.mozilla.org.mozilla.test.multimedia How to Post
michael83

Post by michael83 »

JoeS wrote:I don't know what return receipts has to do with the "filter" "reply with template" 2 different items.
Remember that the filter actions have only been around for , maybe 30 days or so, be patient.
I personally have just been grateful that filters worked at all, let alone that they recognized the correct identity.
I haven't really looked at the identity issue at all with filters. But your bug submission does not really show how to reproduce the "bug" And how would you indicate to the filter which identity that you would like to reply with except with the default. I see no mechanism for that.

I've updated the bug report to include the steps to reproduce it.

It's obvious that return receipts and filters are different items, what it's similar is the fact that none of them are picking up the right identity when replying mails. The mechanism for the filter should be the same that's already working when you click Reply, Thunderbird recognizes the identity which the email was sent to and uses it.