Urgent Help Needed on Profiles !!!!!!!!!!

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
popcop

Urgent Help Needed on Profiles !!!!!!!!!!

Post by popcop »

Ive been running fire fox for a ew weeks now and the other day i got an error that said: "profile currently in use please choose another profile".

I never had another profile so i had to create one but ive lost all my favorites n stuff from the default profile...

How do i get back to using the 'Default profile'???? im on a PC running XP

thanks in advance
RandomUser

Post by RandomUser »

Amos The Amish Astronaut

Post by Amos The Amish Astronaut »

Pop,

Close all instances of Firefox ( including firefox preloader if you use it). Then Start / Run/ type in " firefox.exe -p" ( less the quote marks and the space between exe and -p is important). Press okay. This will bring up the profile manager. You will see two profiles 1. default and 2, default user. Delete the second profile ' default user'. You will be back to your original profile and everything should work normally.
cogito haec cogito ergo cogito sum
rtmjr50

Re: Urgent Help Needed on Profiles !!!!!!!!!!

Post by rtmjr50 »

popcop wrote:Ive been running fire fox for a ew weeks now and the other day i got an error that said: "profile currently in use please choose another profile".
I never had another profile so i had to create one but ive lost all my favorites n stuff from the default profile...
How do i get back to using the 'Default profile'???? im on a PC running XP
thanks in advance

... You did not loose anything ..... you just need to get back to your original profile ...

FYI - Are you using the firefox preloader? .... if so, then you need to close it down completely (all copies of firefox.exe must be closed) ... the preloader does not allow this as long as it is running.

Guide: Lost My Bookmarks ... now what??
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 64#1250164 ...... solution #1

later, Richard
Rule #1: My computer is always right, the human is always the problem .. RULE #2: See Rule #1
using Win XP/SP2 (home) FF1.5.0.9 FF2.0.0.1 FF3a1 Tbird1.5.0.9 ==> Press for More Answers <==
No colours in sig please.