MozillaZine

(old) W32 GCC 10/28 - SVG,DOMi,Venkman - P4SSE2 & Generi

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
mtigas

Post Posted October 25th, 2003, 5:18 am

Dynamic GCC 3.3.1 builds. Java and RealOne don't work on GCC-compiled builds.

DOMi and Venkman are fixed up and working with that .xul file hint from Yek.

P4SSE2: Only compatible on systems with Pentium 4 w/SSE2.
Optimizations:
Code: Select all
-Os -march=pentium4 -msse2 -mfpmath=sse -ffast-math -ffloat-store -fforce-addr -ftracer

GenericMMX: Compatible with any Win32 system with MMX. This includes anything newer than a Pentium-MMX, as far as I know.
Optimizations:
-Os -mcpu=pentium3 -mmmx -ffast-math -ffloat-store -fforce-addr -ftracer

Download: (removed, look for newer build thread)
  • program: MozillaFirebird-P4SSE2-SVG-DOMi-Venkman.exe (6.08MB - 7Z self-extracting)
  • readme: fb-P4SSE2-SVG-DOMi-Venkman-readme.txt (4KB)
  • program: MozillaFirebird-genericMMX-SVG-DOMi-Venkman.exe (6.05MB - 7Z self-extracting)
  • readme: fb-genericMMX-SVG-DOMi-Venkman-readme.txt (4KB)

Both built this morning. Not bothering with the checkin info because I'm busy with MSVC and resting because of a cold I've seemed to come down with. See the buildinfo readme files for the data.
Last edited by mtigas on October 28th, 2003, 4:51 pm, edited 10 times in total.

mtigas

Post Posted October 25th, 2003, 10:45 am

Oh crikey. On the P4SSE2, you get Macromedia Flash preinstalled because when I accidentally re-zipped the folder, I forgot that my autobuild script installs it for me into that folder for the app installation into my Program Files directory. lol...

Sailfish

Post Posted October 25th, 2003, 12:47 pm

I've just installed and tested this build using DOMi (icluding the MozEngineer button add-on) and it seems to be working well.

Congradulations!

alanjstr

Post Posted October 25th, 2003, 1:45 pm

I'm enjoying the i686 build.
Former UMO Admin, Former MozillaZine General Mod
I am rarely on mozillaZine, so please do not send me a private message.
My Old Firefox config files

mtigas

Post Posted October 25th, 2003, 8:52 pm

Eh, I rebuild both over the afternoon, and I rebuilt the P4SSE2 an hour or two ago (to get that new window bookmark toolbar folder checkin fix).
-----
I've been toying with DOMi, and I love it. I tested it out on my blog, which I built to XHTML1.1 standards and built to use DIVs and a really easy-to-follow hierarchy and template when you figure out how it's made. The highlighting of the elements and such makes it really cool. You can dig through the different levels of DIVs going from page->content->entry->paragraph, and have it displayed as you go. It's beautiful on a site that uses a hierarchy style (DIVs or tables) like I do.

Yeah. I started building with Inspector before I really understood what I could do with it.

Bah, I just felt like raving about it this one time.

Sailfish

Post Posted October 25th, 2003, 9:23 pm

MadmanNova wrote:Yeah. I started building with Inspector before I really understood what I could do with it.

Bah, I just felt like raving about it this one time.

Yep, it's quite a tool. One thing it lacks is the ability to copy ID and Class values. That would make referencing them in stylesheets easier to do. It would even be nice to have it give the full parent-child tree when doing the copy.

But even without that feature, it's a grand tool, imo.

mtigas

Post Posted October 25th, 2003, 11:32 pm

I've changed the i686 into a "genericMMX" one, with these optimizations:

Should run on all systems newer than the Pentium-MMX. (Pentium2, 3, 4, Celeron, Athlons, etc.)

Expect new builds (including the new genericMMX one) tomorrow morning, around 6am Central, provided the autobuild doesn't die. Daylight savings is probably going to account for an oddness in time for today at least.

Mook

Post Posted October 25th, 2003, 11:50 pm

Thanks. Is this a SVG branch, or trunk?
(IIRC, bits of the libart is on trunk as well, whereas most of the real SVG action is on SVG_20020806_BRANCH)

Also, your i686 readme link seems to throwing a 404.

Lost User 12105

Post Posted October 26th, 2003, 12:03 am

MadmanNova wrote:I've changed the i686 into a "genericMMX" one, with these optimizations:

Should run on all systems newer than the Pentium-MMX. (Pentium2, 3, 4, Celeron, Athlons, etc.)

Sounds interesting, though it seems odd the code says pentium3. Guess you know what your're doing, though. : ) Your i686 domivenk (DOS mode) was nice. Build on, MacDuff. :D

mtigas

Post Posted October 26th, 2003, 12:18 am

Yeah, the mcpu flag times the code for that processor, but lets any CPU run the program..... So it should run on any system with MMX. I'm trying to find an efficient leeway between the bottom (pentium-mmx) and the top (pentium3/pentium4) for the generic build, so I might change "pentium3" to "pentium2" next time for optimization. But, I make sure not to restrict CPUs to be used.

The MMX flag is probably the only thing that actually restricts what CPU can use the build.

SVG is based off the SVG branch code, which runs a lot nicer than trunk.

I took down the i686 build in anticipation for the autobuild script to put up the new generic later this night/morning... I'll fully edit the first post in the morning, with the new builds.

If I find that I don't like what's going on with an MMX build, I'll go back to plain ol' i686 or Pentium2, non-MMX.

mtigas

Post Posted October 26th, 2003, 9:07 am

10/26 builds up.

Lost User 12105

Post Posted October 26th, 2003, 9:23 pm

Hello, tried your generic MMX 10-26. I noticed that the search box at the upper right is borked - it doesn't display anything or do anything. Did you experience this with your P4 build? This problem also appears in MozJF's builds of today for me.

mtigas

Post Posted October 27th, 2003, 1:51 pm

I didn't have that problem, although I have seen reports of the same with aebrahim's and mozjf's builds.

10/27 morning builds up. There isn't much updated, except that View Source now works again (didn't in 10/26 nightly/morning build). Page setup and print were forked to the toolkit area and also have some changes there as well. General fixes to the printing/print preview system. Minor fixes with other bugs. (Checkins as of 10/27 7:11 CST. 5:11 Bonsai time, AFAIK.)

See top post--I've added a link to an archive of a bonsai search for checkins between yesterday and today's builds.

mtigas

Post Posted October 27th, 2003, 3:31 pm

I'm toying with the stuff at MNGZilla, to see if I can make a build that supports the ill-fated MNG/JNG image types. Results tonight or tomorrow. I'm feeling under the weather today, so I just might give up somewhere and pick up where I left off tomorrow.

Sailfish

Post Posted October 27th, 2003, 4:29 pm

I'm getting a GPF on both the generic 10/26 and 10/27 builds when I select File > Print Preview.

Return to Firefox Builds