The Official Win32 20050908 [Branch] build is out.

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Peter(6)

Post by Peter(6) »

Warning, do not use trunk and branch nightly builds with the same profile !

The Official Win32 ..... builds are out , RSS feed.
IRC channels: #firefox || #spreadfirefox || #bugs

Most recent official release: Firefox 1.0.6 (Do not use Firefox 1.0.6 with a 1.0+ profile!) || 20050907 Branch
Most recent roadmap release: Deer Park Alpha 2 - Developer's Preview. (Release Notes) (What's new?)

Hourly Branch builds: PROMETHEUS (Lin) || ATLANTIA (Mac) || PACIFICA (Win) || Branch Tinderbox || Bonsai

Last update: 2005-09-08 -- 07:20 PDT = 14:20 UTC (all checkins since the latest nightly included)
Branch is CLOSED

Resolved Fixed:
  1. #307315[Core]-JS labeled as version 1.6 does't work [Win]
  2. #307407[Firefox]-change dom.disable_window_flip back for Beta 1 [All]
  3. #307235[Firefox]-Compatibility checker checks endlessly [Win]

Partial Landings/WIPs/Incoming:
  1. #113202[Core]-site icon loads in tab even if tab doesn't [All]
  2. #155723[Core]-innerHTML will need to be fixed to work with XHTML [All]
  3. #197271[Core]-Japanese printer name is displayed as garbage in about:config [Win]
  4. #207186[Core]-Moving the caret in BiDi texts is buggy, especially in right-to-left forms [All]
  5. #221824[Core]-themes should be RTL compatible [All]
  6. #223097[Core]-Interface for checking a Node against a XML Schema type [All]
  7. #246085[Core]-nsCategoryManager should notify observers when items are added/removed from categories [All]
  8. #250255[Core]-use nsIWindowsRegKey for Windows registry handling [Win]
  9. #255941[Firefox]-Highlight colour / color does not contrast with document text or background [All]
  10. #282103[Core]-Dynamic Overlays [All]
  11. #283487[Core]-nsStringInputStream is still broken [Win]
  12. #283598[Firefox:Build Config]-Give the firefox .dmg a nice icon [Mac]
  13. #287707[Core:Editor]-After page had designmode on, there are still several issues [Win]
  14. #292036[Core]-nsIProxyObjectManager.idl needs constants SYNC, ASYNC, ALWAYS for proxyType [All]
  15. #296639[Core]-Split windows into an inner and outer object [All]
  16. #297155[Core]-opening a new tab while loading first page in new window breaks throbber / status bar [All]
  17. #300841[Core]-Provide a readline function to read a line from stdin [All]
  18. #301776[Firefox]-Can't see focus on tree or list items [Win]
  19. #302937[Core]-Expose "click" action on text and image leaves of element containing onclick [Win]
  20. #304376[Core]-Setting String = Array changes strings to have Array's prototype [All]
  21. #304403[Firefox]-better safe mode UE [All]
  22. #305032[Firefox]-edit commands not available to subsequent instances on startup [Win]
  23. #305628[Core]-Additional improvements to jsfile.c [Lin]
  24. #306166[Firefox]-regression: The height of verification window is insufficient. [Mac]

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:
Make sure you vote for bugs that you suffer from. Do NOT vote for bugs you don't see on your system.
  1. #64401[Core]-Extremely slow performance with png background [All] (-)
  2. #104532[Core]-Status bar ticker fails to update when tabs switched. [All] (-)
  3. #174734[Firefox]-Links starting with non-English characters in name do not show up in bookmarks [Win] (-)
  4. #242134[Firefox]-print page setup headers and footers are not remembered [All] (-)
  5. #249150[Firefox]-Bookmarks file is overwritten (deleted) randomly [Win] (fixed by bug 305004)
  6. #252371[Firefox]-incremental find/search in page does not find/highlight text in textarea/form/text entry boxes [All] (-)
  7. #253076[Core]-clicking somewhere in the page does not remove selection [All] (patch/-)
  8. #258543[Firefox]-Disabling form autocomplete prevents selecting from multiple saved logins [Win](~20040730-bug 249610) (-)
  9. #265915[Firefox]-typeahead pref. & "repeated character find" issues [Win](-)
  10. #269840[Firefox]-Strange lines appear when scrolling down, then back up [All] (-)
  11. #272787[Firefox]-After a random amount of time, unable to connect to anything [Win] (-)
  12. #274425[Core]-Crash adding url found in iframe to adblock - FF10 FFTrunk Trunk [@ nsEventStateManager::PreHandleEvent] [Win] (20040809) (-) (Use AdBlock-Plus)
  13. #283697[Firefox]-Options panel cannot be resized.Chopped off panels [Win] (-)
  14. #300453[Core]-'Disable common annoyances' prevents focusing of designmode iframes [Win](navigation in Gmail compose)(+)
  15. #303152[Firefox]-Options ->Update , " ask me what to do ... " is hard to activate [All](+)
  16. #304551[Update]-Javascript nsIXMLHttpRequest exception after extension install, uninstall, and then reinstall on addons.mozilla.org [Win]

To copy your useragent+buildtime to clipboard, use the Nightly Tester Tools extension
If you're a daily tester then backup the valuable data in your profile!
Windows Classic theme: bug #303806 [Firefox]-Wallpaper patch for better appearance on Windows XP / Luna [Win] has changed the default theme to fit the Windows XP Luna theme. If you prefer Windows-Classic, make the changes shown on this page

Planned Milestones: 1.5 Beta1 ( Sept. 8 ) , 1.5 Beta2 ( Oct. 5 ), 1.5 RC1 ( Oct. 28 ), 1.5 Final (?)
Trunk fixes since Firefox 1.0 20041109 = ~3192
Bugs nominated for blocking Gecko 1.8b4 = 4
Bugs confirmed for blocking Gecko 1.8b4 = 2
Bugs nominated for blocking Gecko 1.8b5 = 37
Bugs confirmed for blocking Gecko 1.8b5 = 63

Do you need a Gmail account ? Send me a private mail with name and valid email adress (plenty left)
Last edited by Peter(6) on September 8th, 2005, 7:39 am, edited 6 times in total.
nightly build threads 20040225 (FF 0.8.0+) - 20120331 (FF14a)
hhh

Post by hhh »

@supernova
Just curious if <a href="http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=1723556#1723556">db's correct</a> as to wether adding the original css to userCHrome overides the patch. Not at home so I can't check it.
dbMorris

Post by dbMorris »

hhh wrote:@supernova
Just curious if <a href="http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=1723556#1723556">db's correct</a> as to wether adding the original css to userCHrome overides the patch. Not at home so I can't check it.

hhh - I just attempted this morning and its not taking the changes I posted.

When I spoke to the #firefox folks in IRC last night, general consensus was that
this should work since it's exactly what is in the menu.css file prior to the changes
that landed. As a test, maybe remaking a classic.jar with the prior menu.css may
have to be done?

Anybody else got ideas on how to override the default menu chrome content?

[EDIT] Well, I replaced yesterday's menu.css I squirrelled away into the current classic.jar from
today and the good news is menubar is back to normal. The bad news is I really don't want to have
to deal with replacing the file after every update.

Request ... Would someone knowledgeable about FF's embedded chrome explain why the menu
chrome entries cannot be modified by merely updating userChrome.css?
Last edited by dbMorris on September 7th, 2005, 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
<a href="http://www.freewebs.com/dbmorris/systemconfig.htm" target="_blank" class="postlink">My System</a> | <a href="http://www.freewebs.com/dbmorris/firefoxconfig.htm" target="_blank" class="postlink">Firefox Extensions & Plugins</a>
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

[*]#258285[Firefox]-Find Toolbar sometimes appears (pops up) when typing/entering arbitrary characters in textareas/form input fields, FAYT (find as you type) activated [All] is back!!!
I can reproduce it with my testcase: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.c ... 58285#c162

Silvermel - A Theme for Firefox and Thunderbird
YATT - Yet Another Theme Tutorial
Don't give a man a fish. Teach him how to fish instead.
dbMorris

Post by dbMorris »

ShareBird wrote:[*]#258285[Firefox]-Find Toolbar sometimes appears (pops up) when typing/entering arbitrary characters in textareas/form input fields, FAYT (find as you type) activated [All] is back!!!
I can reproduce it with my testcase: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.c ... 58285#c162

I agree - I can reproduce here as well,
<a href="http://www.freewebs.com/dbmorris/systemconfig.htm" target="_blank" class="postlink">My System</a> | <a href="http://www.freewebs.com/dbmorris/firefoxconfig.htm" target="_blank" class="postlink">Firefox Extensions & Plugins</a>
a;skdjfajf;ak

Post by a;skdjfajf;ak »

Anyone else?
1. Select another theme, any theme other than default
2. Close and restart Fx to enable theme
3. Now, try to go back to 'Defaut'... once highlighted the 'Use theme now' button is gray'd out...
4. Restarting the browser does indeed enable the default theme, but its confusing with the button gray'd.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b4) Gecko/20050907 Firefox/1.4 ID:2005090706
Stebs

Post by Stebs »

w.o.o.m. wrote:
Stebs wrote:@w.o.o.m:

Do you know if some form of notification is supposed to occur when auto-check finds an update to an Extension?

I've brought this up a couple of times previously, suggested that anyone who wants this should file a bug, and no one has. This is a change in behavior from tthe splitting off of app and ext update that Ben did a while ago.
Hmm somehow missed this then.
Anyway, filed #307358[Firefox]-Missing notification after auto-check finds updates to Extensions [Win]

I dont think this is just trivial since it concerns security too: Think of an Joe-Average User that does not update his old Extension with an security-issue (for example Greasemonkey) although Fx KNOWS there is an (potentialy safe) update available, simply because noone told Joe he has to regularly and manualy check EM for updates (why then having auto-check anyway...)
Stebs wrote:BTW: after pushing "Find Extensions" in EM (that stays grey - once again Bug 307235?) and more than one update is found, no notification with the found Extension-updates pops up anymore...

I don't have time at present to figure out the specific steps to reproduce this... after they are posted to the bug I'll take a look at what it will take to fix it.
Sorry, explained it a bit confusing, forget that Bug 307235 for a moment. What I really meant: There used to be a little popup-Window which listed the found Updates to Extensions after you manually check for Updates in EM and more than 1 update is found. (With only 1 found, EM simply shows that Extension on Top). Now, only several "Update Now" Butons appear after the Extensions and you have to scroll through the whole list to see them all.

Can anybody confirm this?
Again its hard to know if this is now expected behavior or simply a Bug. (perhaps it belongs to Bug #307358?)
Elfguy

Post by Elfguy »

If you go in the theme window and select Find updates, it says "Looking for updates" on the default one but it stays like that forever. Anyone else has that happening?
chrisblore

Post by chrisblore »

Elfguy wrote:If you go in the theme window and select Find updates, it says "Looking for updates" on the default one but it stays like that forever. Anyone else has that happening?
Yes I can reproduce this in BuildID:2005090621.
Stebs

Post by Stebs »

Perhaps related to Bug #307235[Firefox]-Compatibility checker checks endlessly [Win]?
Elfguy

Post by Elfguy »

I'm having real issues trying to install themes. Just going to the Add more themes page and trying to install a few themes, sometimes it will freeze for 2-3mins before showing the install dialog.
sysKin

Post by sysKin »

I filed bug 307355 for the recent urlbar/fayt/whatever regression.
wolovids

Post by wolovids »

Can anyone confirm this bug on a latest branch build. It is bug 307368 (Bookmark unselectable by keyboard navigation in sidebar when only one bookmark listed).

Thanks.
Ria

Post by Ria »

dbMorris wrote:
hhh wrote:@supernova

hhh - I just attempted this morning and its not taking the changes I posted.

When I spoke to the #firefox folks in IRC last night, general consensus was that
this should work since it's exactly what is in the menu.css file prior to the changes
that landed. As a test, maybe remaking a classic.jar with the prior menu.css may
have to be done?

Anybody else got ideas on how to override the default menu chrome content?

[EDIT] Well, I replaced yesterday's menu.css I squirrelled away into the current classic.jar from
today and the good news is menubar is back to normal. The bad news is I really don't want to have
to deal with replacing the file after every update.

Request ... Would someone knowledgeable about FF's embedded chrome explain why the menu
chrome entries cannot be modified by merely updating userChrome.css?

I always use my own classic.jar with my own icons, menu styles etc, that I copy every day to the new firefoxes. But it is not very complicated to make an installable theme of the Winstrip classic.jar it its good days. Download a theme, e.g. this one: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 3cf347547c
open it, replace the folders browser, global, mozapps, help by the Winstripe ones and change also the images icon.png and preview.png, give it a beautiful name in install.rdf and you're done.
hhh

Post by hhh »

Thanks Ria, I'll be having fun w/ this later today ;)