Cannot paste copied texts within Firefox browser

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Alargule

Cannot paste copied texts within Firefox browser

Post by Alargule »

This is a weird problem.
I cannot paste copied texts - for example a url - when using message boards within Firefox. Since I use these boards frequently, for example to post images, I always select the url (i.e. in Imageshack) and then copy it into the message. But that suddenly stopped working, and I don't have a clue why! It doesn't work with url's in the address bar either, and 'normal' texts can't be copied either. The problem occurs when I try to copy/paste between tabs, within one tab, or between two different browser windows.
The copy/paste function works within Internet Explorer, so the problem has to be with Firefox. Anybody who knows how to solve this? I reset my computer several times; I also re-installed Firefox twice, but without any luck...Plz help, because this is really getting annoying! Thanks!
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

What copy/paste method do you use. Mouse or keyboard shortcuts( Ctrl+C/V/X) or Edit menu or Toolbar button. Do all of these don't work?
There has been more copy/paste issues lately. Maybe it's an idea to collect them in a thread and try to find a sollution?
Hebba99

Post by Hebba99 »

I am having the same problem

Using the Ctrl+c/v/x or right clicking the mouse don't work. When I right click the mouse it grays the area of "paste." I didn't realize how much I used this feature and how frustrating this has been to figure out.
Alargule

Post by Alargule »

I have now noticed that copy/pasting between browsers (suddenly) works (again). It just doesn't work when I want to c/p between tabs. And that's the odd thing, since I never had a problem with it before.
But this is a very irritating bug, since I (and I believe many others) use this c/p feature a lot.
BTW: I select the text (or just go over the url), right-click, click copy/cut and then try to click paste - which doesn't work since it cannot be selected: 'paste' remains gray. It only turns black (and selectable) when I copy between browser windows.
dajad

Post by dajad »

I have the same problem. I can't right click to copy text.
But I can use CTRL + C to copy the text. I'm using FF 1.07
Alargule

Post by Alargule »

So am I (are we). It seems to be a problem within this version. Time to release FF 1.08? ;)
Hebba99

Post by Hebba99 »

I tried finding the 1.06 version. I want to take back my updating of this.

If I could I'd copy and paste what I said in the other topic but as we all I know I can't. I've said this countless times. But this highly frustrates me. I can copy any text and the programs i've downloaded to help with copy and paste. Only work for copying.

I don't want to give up on Mozilla just yet because I really do enjoy all the features. I'm just disappointed that this can't be fixed.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it does get resolved. Sometime soon.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Hebba99: Are there other programs that watch the clipboard running on your computer. You can try tempararily disableing/closing all (systemtray) programs and the programs started on boot (Run: msconfig.exe Startup Tab). Maybe Fx doesn't cooperate with one of those programs.
Metalstream

Post by Metalstream »

"I love God, He's my favourite fictional character." - Homer J. Simpson
TwilitPhoenix

Post by TwilitPhoenix »

I'm currently using FX1.5(Beta1) - and I'm not having any problems with the c/p feature.

I wasn't have any problems with my 1.07 version either, before I upgraded to 1.5
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Sometimes it works when you reverse the direction (left->right or right->left).
old Ol Grumpy

Post by old Ol Grumpy »

Under About:Config:
editor. singleLine. pasteNewlines Integer Determines the behavior when pasting content containing newlines into single-line text boxes.
0 (default in Linux): Paste content intact (include newlines)
1 (default everywhere else): Paste the content only up to (but not including) the first newline
2: Replace each newline with a space
3: Remove all newlines from content
4: Substitute commas for newlines in text box

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_:_FAQ ... ig_Entries

PS: I just copied and pasted this here after going through three sets of pages and right click copying the KB link from my Bookmark tool bar. Check these setting in About:config,

8)
desijatt

Post by desijatt »

"Shaan Punjab Di"