Talk about add-ons and extension development.
See here for the latest version of Stylish.
Stylish 0.2.1 has been released. Download here
What is Stylish?
* Firefox 1.5 beta1 to 1.6a1 (trunk nightlies).
* Flock, all versions
* Thunderbird 1.5 beta to 1.6
Locales: de-DE, en-US, es-ES, fr, it, nl-NL, ja, pl-PL, ru-RU, sk-SK, zh-TW
New in 0.2.1
* Fixed conflict with Adblock.
* Removed multiple listings of the same style in the status bar.
* Removed bogus domain entries for IP addresses.
* Monospace CSS editing.
* sk-SK localization
* If you delete all the styles, you can't add a new one without reopening the window
* Styles are not sortable
* You can turn on and then immediately turn off a style, but if you load a page after the application of a style, you can't instant unapply it.
* Instant apply has a slightly different priority than normal apply. As long as you use !important, it shouldn't be a problem.
* Some CSS properties don't instant apply well on some elements. This is especially true of XUL elements. I'd be interested in knowing what exactly doesn't work so I can file bugs on the problems.
* For some platforms/themes, checkboxes may not be too visible in the Manage Styles window when the style is highlighted.
* Stylish conflicts with Search Engine Ordering 0.5.2 and below. Make sure you have a newer version.
Possible future features
* If the first line of a style is comments, that should become the description of the style.
* Import userChrome.css and userContent.css
* Link to style repository
* The ability to edit existing -moz-document rules with a UI
* To take full advantage of status bar icon, existing styles from 0.1 that use -moz-document should be re-saved (open the edit page and save it)
Last edited by old np on October 3rd, 2006, 1:18 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Oooh. Awesome. I've spent all night being annoyed by the fact that userContent hacks won't even reload changed images in the stylesheet rules without restarting the browser.
Wouldn't that pretty much be the same thing as restarting? Because if u have to open a new window the old one would not show changes it might not exactly be restarting but its just about the same thing isnt it?
Almost the same if you're a single-window kind of guy... but it's very helpful to test changes. You can have the Stylish window open, add a chrome style, then open a new Firefox window to test it without closing the Stylish (or other) windows. If there was a way to make it apply immediately, I'd do it, but I know of no such way.
I'd like to increase the amount of styles available by default... If anyone has any suggestions (especially for styles that change popular websites), I'd be glad to include them.
Last edited by Zoolcar9 on October 10th, 2005, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
General feedback (in no particular order):
1. It'd be lovely if you revived the style switcher icon in the status-bar for enabling/disabling custom site stylesheets when they're installed for the current site. I suspect most themes still ship with it.
2. #1 could be expanded in the future if you're considering a repository to let users know that a stylesheet is available for that site.
3. The enabled/disabled thing works, but checkboxes would probably be nicer UI (Thumper will probably yay or nay this later on).
Otherwise, nice job, I like it. This is something I was thinking about a while ago but never got round to and it works perfectly. Kudos.
Oops! Sorry, I missed "(or-other)" when when read "without closing the Stylish (or other) windows" /zzz damn weed
I'm using session restore from TMP, though
Hmm... come to think of it, the stylesheet switcher doesn't require a reload to work... I'll look into that.
I tried to make it checkboxes at one point but couldn't get them to work in the template. I'll try harder.
Perhaps I could see if a session restore extension exists, and if so, do what you've suggested.
Add confirmation to delete function because it made me cry when I accidentally pressed the delete button
I think I'm just going to change the position of the delete button to be further away from the rest to avoid accidental clicks. I hate "Are you sure" prompts.
Stylish 0.1.1 has been released.
- Includes fr, it, es-ES, and nl-NL locales.
- Supports 1.5 beta1 along with beta2 and 1.6 alpha nightlies.
- Delete button moved away from other buttons to prevent accidental clicking.
Sure-clicking English users without an obsolete beta should not upgrade.
Last edited by old np on October 14th, 2005, 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Great stuff, np!
Worth noting also: Edit & Test Styles bookmarklets from squarefree.com <- experiment, and then save with Stylish.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1b1) Gecko/20060712 BonEcho/2.0b1
I've fixed the localizations and added nl-NL (thanks RAF).
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests