[Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
ponderingwillow

Post by ponderingwillow »

My hosted accounts stopped working too.

:o(

PW
sceo

A half-fix

Post by sceo »

I'm a web developer with very little experience with XUL and XPI, etc. BUT, I did notice that the biggest problem seems to be simply that the gmail hosted login changed it's form variables from userName and password to Email and Passwd... if on line 111 and 112 of gmServiceGmail.js you change userName to Email and password to Passwd then at least the *checking* of gmail hosted accounts works again. HOWEVER, when I CLICK ON the notification, it still takes me to a bogus login screen where it claims I have left fields blank. Using LiveHTTPHeaders extension, I can see that when I CLICK, it's still posting "userName" and "password" as the variables.

If there's anyone who knows their way around these widgets and stuff, and can point me to the right location of where to change that, I think this extension will be back in business for hosted accounts.

Incidentally, I'm on Ubuntu FF3b5 with add-on checking disabled and that's how my gmail Manager rolls... :)
sceo

Post by sceo »

OK, found it! I opened the .jar file using my archive manager, and opened up content/utils.js. There were several references in there to userName and password, so changed those to Email and Passwd and alas, now the clickity click click WORKS. I had to extract utils, save it, then re-add it to the .jar archive.
SoonerDude

Awesome!

Post by SoonerDude »

Thanks sceo! That worked beautifully for me.

I hope it's not against any rules of this forum, I re-packaged the xpi file and uploaded it to my webserver. This version will only work for FF3, it has some fixes I did so that FF3 would store the passwords, it will not work properly for FF2.

gmanager.xpi
CrashAlley

Post by CrashAlley »

Confirmed for me as well. Sceo's fix and SoonerDude's repackage solved my issues. Both regular Gmail accounts and hosted accounts function again. Thanks.
Kernel Sanders

Post by Kernel Sanders »

I don't mean to be unkind, but I STRONGLY recommend no-one actually use SoonerDude's fixed version of Gmail Manager.

It's probably fine, and so is he most likely. However, he just registered TODAY. Common sense dictates that you should not even think about using an extension altered by some faceless individual who JUST REGISTERED, let along with your e-mail management of all things.

Sorry SoonerDude :(
yakito

Version?

Post by yakito »

SoonerDude Firefox 3 don't let me isntall your version, which version of FF are you running?

I am on FF3 RC1 - http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/fire ... /whatsnew/
merk

Post by merk »

Kernel Sanders wrote:I don't mean to be unkind, but I STRONGLY recommend no-one actually use SoonerDude's fixed version of Gmail Manager.

It's probably fine, and so is he most likely. However, he just registered TODAY. Common sense dictates that you should not even think about using an extension altered by some faceless individual who JUST REGISTERED, let along with your e-mail management of all things.

Sorry SoonerDude :(

well, how can we check the files to see what's been changed and determine if the changes are indeed ok?

thanks
yakito

Post by yakito »

Merk just unzip the file using winzip or alike and you will see source code.

Anyone got this working on FF 3 RC1?
sceo

Post by sceo »

merk - you just need to download 0.5.4 and then soonerdude's xpi and use the linux command "diff" (you can get versions for windows). you'll likely want to extract both .jar's to diff them.
Ka Hooli

Working in FF 3.0 RC1

Post by Ka Hooli »

SoonerDude wrote:Thanks sceo! That worked beautifully for me.

I hope it's not against any rules of this forum, I re-packaged the xpi file and uploaded it to my webserver. This version will only work for FF3, it has some fixes I did so that FF3 would store the passwords, it will not work properly for FF2.

gmanager.xpi
I have this working in FF 3.0 RC1.

All I have done is in the install.rdf file...
  • changed the version number by adding an a (0.5.4a) so if a new version does come out, it will still update
  • changed the upper FF version to 3.0.0.*
You can obtain from gmanager.xpi
merk

Post by merk »

ok... maybe I'll take a look at the source code later and see if i can understand it. I dont work much with java but I'm guessing it should be fairly apparent if something fishy is going on.
yakito

Post by yakito »

Thanks Ka Hooli, with your instructions I made it work on FF 3.0 RC1!
tweakerxp

Post by tweakerxp »

Thanks Ka Hooli, works perfect :)
fisix

Post by fisix »

thanks very much, sceo. i knew it was going to be quick, i just couldn't see it. i made the edits myself and got it working.

thanks also Soonerdude, though I haven't yet made a serious jump to firefox 3. Once i do (gmail manager was one of the reasons why i wasn't), i'll be sure to look at what you've done and probably use it if it gets the approval here.

really, though, there should be an updated version that gets put up at mozilla.org.