0.3a1 - size of description input

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
ton85

0.3a1 - size of description input

Post by ton85 »

why is the size of the description input so painfully small? It just fits 2 lines and there is not even a scrollbar :(
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

To avoid the pain of another tab.

Perhaps the description and URL would be better on the second tab. Or, if there is some reason for the current layout, at least allow the window to resize and the description to flex.

By the way, a scrollbar appears if you type enough text.
Rod
ton85

Post by ton85 »

Rod Whiteley wrote:To avoid the pain of another tab.

Perhaps the description and URL would be better on the second tab. Or, if there is some reason for the current layout, at least allow the window to resize and the description to flex.

By the way, a scrollbar appears if you type enough text.

well, it doesn't work well for me...it's such a pain...it worked a lot better in 0.2
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

You can use a style rule to make it bigger.

Go to Sunbird's profile directory. You are in the right place if you can see the file storage.sdb there.

Go to the chrome directory there, creating it if necessary. Edit the file userChrome.css, creating it if necessary. Add a line like:

Code: Select all

#description-field {height:24ex;}
Save the file and restart Sunbird.
Rod
ton85

Post by ton85 »

Rod Whiteley wrote:You can use a style rule to make it bigger.

Go to Sunbird's profile directory. You are in the right place if you can see the file storage.sdb there.

Go to the chrome directory there, creating it if necessary. Edit the file userChrome.css, creating it if necessary. Add a line like:

Code: Select all

#description-field {height:24ex;}
Save the file and restart Sunbird.

thanks for your reply. However, it doesn't do anything. I had to create the file, since the only file in there was 'chrome.rdf' as well as a folder called 'overlayinfo' :(
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

You created the file in the wrong place. The link in my previous reply tells you how to find the right place. The method I describe here also works in Sunbird.
Rod
ton85

Post by ton85 »

Rod Whiteley wrote:You created the file in the wrong place. The link in my previous reply tells you how to find the right place. The method I describe here also works in Sunbird.

ok, you are right. I got it to work now. Thank you very much :)
Diavolo

Post by Diavolo »

I tried it but it did not work. I created a file and the directory .mozilla/sunbird/chrome/userChrome.css but I see no changes.

Another thing is that I don't get a new line/break in the description field. After saving it to my remote calendar I get one line and some \n between the entries.
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

You created the file in the wrong place too. The next time you try it, follow the instructions much more carefully. Try using the links I provided to find more information.

I have not seen the other problem you describe. Please explain exactly how I can see these \n between the entries.
Rod
Diavolo

Post by Diavolo »

Ok, found the mistake...sorry :)

I have written down the following description:

line1
line2
line3

After saving and reopening the task I get the following description:

line1\nline2\nline3
Old ssiter

Post by Old ssiter »

Diavolo wrote:After saving and reopening the task I get the following description:
line1\nline2\nline3

This is a known bug.