Thunderbird 1.5 Release Candidate 2 *Test* Builds

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
mscott

Thunderbird 1.5 Release Candidate 2 *Test* Builds

Post by mscott »

Hey All,

We've got some new en-US bits that we hope to release as Thunderbird RC2 (hopefully before winter holidays). The QA and release teams at Mozilla are still tied up with post Firefox 1.5 related work. But David Bienvenu and I thought that doesn't mean we can't jump start the testing on Thunderbird 1.5 bits by leveraging all of you :).

Windows || Mac OS X || Linux

If you are a nightly, beta or just a general Thunderbird fan, we need your help testing these Thunderbird 1.5 RC2 candidate builds for en-US. We believe we have zero stop ship bugs at this time. If nothing serious enough to warrant a respin comes up from our testing, they will eventually be released as Thunderbird 1.5.

I'm hoping the nightly and trunk testers can spend some time using these RC builds instead of the regular nightlies for a while. Bonus points if you test around areas you may not normally use (i.e. create some filters, use the address book, create some new accounts, try setting up a new profile, etc.).

We took 5 bug fixes since Thunderbird 1.5 RC1 was released in case you have time to test around those fixes, here's some information about them:

<ul>
<li>Bug 317396: Saving changes to an existing template causes the template to get removed from the templates folder.
<li>Bug 173924: The new mail check fails to stop working after a random period.
<li>Bug 313422: The RSS reader can no longer understand RSS 0.9.0 feeds.
<li>Bug 308311: Unable to change the Local Folders directory in the account manager.
<li>Bug 316245: If you create a new news account that uses SSL, we aren't showing the padlock in the folder pane.
</ul>

We really appreciate any help you can give us with testing on these builds.

Thank you,
-Team Thunderbird
Last edited by mscott on December 21st, 2005, 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thunderbirds are Go!
supernova_00

Post by supernova_00 »

:) Getting closer!
d2xdt2

Re: Thunderbird 1.5 Release Candidate 2 *Test* Builds

Post by d2xdt2 »

Hi,

I have just read the feature ideas to Thunderbird 2.0 and would like to contrib to the UI work that requires tabs.

Does there excist a mailinglist for this, or how do I get started?

Martin
DynaBMan

Post by DynaBMan »

I just downloaded and installed RC2 and the secure newsgroup padlock is back. Thanks for the great program.
LJ
My best friend is my wife!!
Political Realities
ChuckDizzle

Message Headers

Post by ChuckDizzle »

I installed this Win build and it changed my message headers setting to "All" - I've always had mine set to "Normal."

1) That could be scary for users who don't know what Headers are and don't know how to change this.
2) The headers were so long on some messages it made it impossible to scroll down to view the message, as no scrollbar was accessable.

Did this happen to anyone else?
mirp

Re: Message Headers

Post by mirp »

ChuckDizzle wrote:I installed this Win build and it changed my message headers setting to "All" - I've always had mine set to "Normal."

1) That could be scary for users who don't know what Headers are and don't know how to change this.
2) The headers were so long on some messages it made it impossible to scroll down to view the message, as no scrollbar was accessable.

Did this happen to anyone else?

WFM

View > Headers wasn't changed. It is still Normal. (Windows)
Dennis Henderson

Post by Dennis Henderson »

A problem that I mentioned in the RC 1 Testing Thread is still evident in this build. Is there any reason to bring it up again in this thread?
ChuckDizzle

Post by ChuckDizzle »

mirp wrote:WFM

Thanks for making that clear... I still have a question as to why the headers can take up the entire message window if "All" is selected on some emails (late in message threads). Even after maximizing the message window, the headers take up the entire space with no way to see the message. Should there be an option to scroll the headers? Just a thought.
sancho452

Security>Revocation Lists Help Button does not work.

Post by sancho452 »

I opened the Security tab from the privacy section and clicked on the Revocation Lists. When I clicked on the help button nothing appears to happen. It appears the button is not working correctly.
note: I don't have any CLRs in my list.
mscott

Post by mscott »

obviously it shouldn't have switched you to the view all headers mode.

There's a bug on file about it doing that. I've never been able to reproduce this problem so I've had a hard time fixing it. I don't know that we'd respin the release for that issue if we did find a reproducible scenario and a fix, but at the very least we could release note it.
Thunderbirds are Go!
sillygoose

imap problems

Post by sillygoose »

I'm getting an error trying to login in to an IMAP account. It says "You cannot log in to imap.myrealbox.com because the server has disabled login. You may need to connect via SSL or TLS. Please check the account settings for your mail server." This was working a few minutes ago with 1.07.
Old Bozz

Post by Old Bozz »

ChuckDizzle wrote:
mirp wrote:WFM

Thanks for making that clear... I still have a question as to why the headers can take up the entire message window if "All" is selected on some emails (late in message threads). Even after maximizing the message window, the headers take up the entire space with no way to see the message. Should there be an option to scroll the headers? Just a thought.

You can reduce the pane size and add a scroll bar if you want. Add this to userChrome.css. Adjust to your liking.

Code: Select all

/* Make the message header view pane scrollable */
#msgHeaderView {
    max-height: 7em !important;
    overflow: auto !important; }
CatThief

Post by CatThief »

DynaBMan wrote:I just downloaded and installed RC2 and the secure newsgroup padlock is back.

Same for me. Thanks, Scott. :)
Still passionate for Mozilla themes and extensions, just not actively developing them for public release anymore.
ChuckDizzle

Post by ChuckDizzle »

bozz wrote:You can reduce the pane size and add a scroll bar if you want. Add this to userChrome.css. Adjust to your liking.

Code: Select all

/* Make the message header view pane scrollable */
#msgHeaderView {
    max-height: 7em !important;
    overflow: auto !important; }

Very nice, certainly fixes that issue... thanks for your help.
Old R.Marotta

Post by Old R.Marotta »

.disregard
Last edited by Old R.Marotta on December 6th, 2005, 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.