Status bar resize problem

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
boogiebugger

Status bar resize problem

Post by boogiebugger »

I have a problem where the status bar on the bottom of the window has resized to about an inch and a half. Trying to minimize it or removing the status bar on the "view" option has no effect. I've tried doing a system restore, which didn't work either. I've also tried resizing the window, etc. There is a little red ^ on the left side of the status bar which I have never seen. The only extension I have is the google web accelerator.

Basically, it just hogs up the bottom inch and half of the firefox window.
boogiebugger

Post by boogiebugger »

Also I am using firefox 1.5. Any help would be appreciated.
OlGranDad

Post by OlGranDad »

boogiebugger

Post by boogiebugger »

OlGranDad wrote:http://kb.mozillazine.org/Gray_bar_below_status_bar
Thanks for the help, that did the trick just fine. I tried getting rid of my extensions through Firefox, but for some reason the google accelerator wouldn't uninstall through firefox. I had to delete it through the start menu. Thanks for your help, though. It is greatly appreciated.
OlGranDad

Post by OlGranDad »

You're quite welcome.
:)

Post by Guest »

I have a clean installation of firefox now. None of that had worked for me still got the gray bay....Google Accelerator is not even installed. Actually there's no extension installed atm

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:I have a clean installation of firefox now. None of that had worked for me still got the gray bay....Google Accelerator is not even installed. Actually there's no extension installed atm

This is the same problem I am having and the fix described in http://kb.mozillazine.org/Gray_bar_below_status_bar has not helped as above. Does anyone have any new information about this?
The Flute Player

Large status bar

Post by The Flute Player »

Hello,
I am having the same problem also. I am using FF version 1.5.0.7. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

XP Home
SP2
IE7
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

What did you do so far from the article?
If safe-mode didn't help and the other suggestions do not apply then try a clean reinstall of Firefox.
Delete the Firefox program folder: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\ and reinstall Firefox.
That won't affect the data in your profile folder (eg. bookmarks and passwords).
If you want to be sure of that then you can make a backup of the profile folder.
See:
Profile Folder (KB)
Profile Backup (KB)
Migrate/Copy Files to a New Profile (KB)

(Standard Diagnostic (KB))
JdeBoer

Post by JdeBoer »

I also had problem resizing the status bar after it resized to about an inch and a half and had a little red ^ on the left side of the status bar.
I had disabled all the plugins and then the status bar was normal again.
Then I enabled them 1 by 1.
When I enabled the radio toolabr-button I had the bigger grey status bar again, so that was my problem .
Maybe it is helpful to others...
Greetings and have a nice life :-),

JOHN