Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Important: Supports Thunderbird, SeaMonkey and Sunbird.
- Fixed: found a workaround to the recent Weather.com changes that prompted my last update and have restored the 9 day forecast.
- Fixed: Extension was choking with recent change from Weather.com to limit forecast to 5 days vs. 9 days.
- Added: Now supports SeaMonkey 1.x and 2.0 in Mail/News window
- Added: Statusbar panel is now draggable within the statusbar area (if panel can't be placed where you dropped it, it will be moved to the end)
- Fixed: Sidebar was taking up too much room, back to normal now
- Added: Nine day forecast! Just move the mouse over the weather area in the sidebar and click "Forecast"
- Added: Current weather in status bar!
- Added: Option and Forecast links fade in and out when you mouse over the weather area
- Fixed: Temperature was not being populated in mouse over tooltip
- Updated: Optimized by merging Thunderbird and Sunbird display code into one overlay
- Updated: added "no-cache" headers to make sure data is being pulled correctly (especially via proxies)
2.2.1 Release Notes:
- Updated: Bumped & tested support for Calendar 0.8pre releases
2.2 Release Notes:
- Fixed: Conflict with Addressbooks Synchronizer has been resolved
- Updated: All locales have been updated
- Updated: Sunbird support bumped to 0.7pre (max version support by AMO for now)
2.1 Release Notes:
- Added: now supports Sunbird 0.3.1 and newer
- Added: now supports eMusic Download Manager 4.0 (http://developer.emusic.com/)
- Added: new Locales: fi-FI, fr-FR, hr-HR, hu-HU, it-IT, nl-NL, pl, pt-PT, ru-RU and sk
- Added: extension icon
- Updated: added default preferences allowing me to remove redundant code in options dialog window
- Updated: changed "Standard" and "Metric" labels to "Fahrenheit" and "Celsius" for units of measurement
- Updated: minor changes to options dialog
- Updated: more main code cleanup
- Fixed: timeout issues with refreshing on set interval and bogus "error" messages
2.0 Release Notes:
just some spit polish and cleanup, enjoy.
1.9.1219.01 Release Notes:
- Added: Startup delay option to give Thunderbird time to breath when it starts up
- Added: added preference observer to refresh display when options window is closed
- Updated: complete restructuring of the code
- Updated: consolidated location search option screen into the main options screen
- Updated: renamed all internal package names to "worldweatherplus"
- Updated: got new Weather.com agreement and referrer so that I don't loose rights to use their site
- Fixed: refresh issue when options window opened from Extensions/Addons is now fixed with preference observer
- Detect offline mode to disable querying for weather
- Remembering previous weather on restarts and launching
- Status bar popup options for weather warnings, etc.
- Using icon pack instead of the default
- Get WorldWeather on apps other than Thunderbird.....
- Some special surprises....
Original Release News:
My original code refresh took the extension from 534k, to 436k, this release has it down to 324k.
I couldn't take it anymore, I missed this extension, so I hacked, optimized and fixed WorldWeather and now supports TB 1.5/1.6 builds.
I changed the code to actually only have one set of graphics, the large ones and then have TB scale them down using CSS, based on the option selected, this and I optimized the png's with pngout to get the installer to 436k, saving 107k
I've also recoded the internal code to allow for easier switching and calls between the functions, more to do here though.
Hope you enjoy and remember, just because I missed this extension, doesn't mean I own it..... let me know what you think.
I tried emailing the project owner, but got the email bounced back (http://worldweather.mozdev.org/)
Last edited by mrtech on May 8th, 2008, 6:30 pm, edited 15 times in total.
ah thanks, yeah I changed the dtd's but my version also includes the chrome.manifest to properly support registering of the overlay, skins and locales.
But that confirms my only, bug the degree symbol will fix that later.
Also I thought 543k was a bit steep, I'll stick with my 436k
Post here when you fix the degree symbol and I will install your version. Thanks.
Just installed and working fine. This is also one of my favorite TB extensions. I use it to find out if I have to wear a long sleeve shirt on these cold winter days in Southern Cal. Thanks.
Thanks mrtech. This is nice. I have one problem that may not be related to the extension, but when I write click to select the Options, my popup context menu stays visible until I close the Options window.
Any plans on a version for FireFox? ForcastFox uses UNAcuweather. I'd MUCH rather use Worldweather since it uses the MUCH more accurate weather.com.
The problem with weather.com (as I understand it) is their somewhat anal retentive policies on what you can and can't do with their service. Which is why the forcastfox developer eventually moved to INAcuweather.
Now if somebody could do just the same thing with <a href="http://www.rleeden.no-ip.com/firefox/flagfox/"?>Flagfox</a>...
I checked this out, it's not the images that take up the room is the very large arrays it uses to match (I think) ip addresses. I didn't spend to much time in the code, but there are thousands of lines of arrays in several (over 10+) files and that's why the extensions is so bulky. The extensions would have to be re-engineered to get the size down. Not sure if I have the time for that, but might investigate again later.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest