official win32 2003-12-09 out

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
hvymtl

official win32 2003-12-09 out

Post by hvymtl »

Last edited by hvymtl on December 10th, 2003, 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
jamren01

Post by jamren01 »

Great build. It's lightning quick for me. :) Thanks.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win 9x 4.90; en-US; rv:1.7b) Gecko/20040417 Firefox/0.8.0+ (MozJF)
Thunderbird 0.5+ (20040326)
wwhsgrad2002

Post by wwhsgrad2002 »

WFM
hvymtl

Post by hvymtl »

did anyone check out the revamped add to bookmarks (ctrl + d) window.

excellent.
anand

Post by anand »

Is the problem where if you keep clicking the arrow next to the bookmark name in the new "Add To Bookmarks" window there in this build? I'm using Scragz's build for today and I see that problem.
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

hvymtl wrote:did anyone check out the revamped add to bookmarks (ctrl + d) window.

excellent.
I did, with Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.6b) Gecko/20031209 Firebird/0.7+, and found it to be faulty.

It starts neat the center of the screen, which is fine, but when I click on the down arrow, it only shows me five entries, and a couple of them are incorrect, as they are actually subfolders but shown as "main" folders.

I'm not going to count how many entries it should show; suffice it to say that, until this release, they all showed when I used Ctrl-D in previous releases.
thenightfly42

Post by thenightfly42 »

anand wrote:Is the problem where if you keep clicking the arrow next to the bookmark name in the new "Add To Bookmarks" window there in this build? I'm using Scragz's build for today and I see that problem.

I'm using the default theme, and everytime I click on that dropdown arrow, the dialog gets a little bit wider. Kind of fun, but probably a bug. (WinXP)
thenightfly42

Post by thenightfly42 »

John Liebson wrote:but when I click on the down arrow, it only shows me five entries, and a couple of them are incorrect, as they are actually subfolders but shown as "main" folders.

Those are the five most recently used folders, probably based on sorting the bookmarks by date modified. The other arrow gets you a tree view.
anand

Post by anand »

Don't do it too much, since you can't resize the window and the size is saved between sessions :shock: I think you'll have to edit "localstore.rdf" in your profile to get it back to normal size.
anand

Post by anand »

I filed a bug for it since I didn't see one:
http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=227951
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

anand wrote:I filed a bug for it since I didn't see one:
http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=227951
Thanks--I'd seen something about clicking the arrow more than a few times causing a problem, which it has not done for me, but then I don't know what the evil number of clicks is.

I tried to resize the window, found that did not work.

I'll take a look at localstore.rdf when I'm off-line--but the window has never been what I would consider "normal size," my testing a few minutes ago being the first time(s) I tried it.

Oh well, the QuikNotes extension has been a problem, too: Until perhaps a week ago, the toolbar button would not work. It started working with one of the recent nightlies, but now with the current Firebird and a new profile, the button does not work again.

[EDIT] I found location and width in localstore.rdf, but not height--which may be in \chrome\browser.jar\addbookmark.xul, etc., not anything I'd touch.
Last edited by John Liebson on December 9th, 2003, 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hvymtl

Post by hvymtl »

i don't get any of these bugs. if i hit the arrow beside name it opens up the entire bookmarks tree where i can select the folder where i want the bookmark to go. when i press on the down arrow beside "create in" it shows me the last five entries where i filed bookmarks.

i don't seem to get the problem here. it looks and works beautifully for me.
sboulema

Post by sboulema »

this build is working fine for me but the new bookmarks dialog needs some work :p
Greg K Nicholson

Post by Greg K Nicholson »

Ooh! A millennium early! :)
The Add Bookmark box gets progressively wider each time I click the new down/up button thingy. :-k
sboulema

Post by sboulema »

Mooquackwooftweetmeow wrote:Ooh! A millennium early! :)
The Add Bookmark box gets progressively wider each time I click the new down/up button thingy. :-k
its this bug http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=227951
btw i voted for it :)