MozillaZine


official win32 2003.12.12 out

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
hvymtl
 
Posts: 168
Joined: October 2nd, 2003, 7:17 am
Location: Brasilia, Brazil

Post Posted December 12th, 2003, 10:02 am


SarCaSM
 
Posts: 14
Joined: October 21st, 2003, 12:19 pm

Post Posted December 12th, 2003, 10:30 am

still creates a folder for everything you download. Is this supposed to be a very poor feature? or is it a bug?

old momokatte
 
Posts: 0
Joined: December 31st, 1969, 5:00 pm

Post Posted December 12th, 2003, 10:44 am

It's a bug. http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=228259

There were no Download Manager checkins between the Dec. 11 and Dec. 12 builds.

AGSHender

User avatar
 
Posts: 611
Joined: November 14th, 2002, 11:39 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Post Posted December 12th, 2003, 11:00 am

Seems like a decent build so far...no glaring bugs upon opening it and coming straight here.

My Add Bookmark hijinks can easily be fixed, now. Thanks again for highlighting my stupidity, <a href="http://www.squarefree.com/burningedge">Burning Edge</a>.

ByTor201
 
Posts: 573
Joined: November 26th, 2003, 10:36 am
Location: 40:53:21N 74:02:46W

Post Posted December 12th, 2003, 11:27 am

JebusChrist1 wrote:still creates a folder for everything you download. Is this supposed to be a very poor feature? or is it a bug?

Yes, it's downloaded to D:\Download\MozillaFirebird-win32.zip\MozillaFirebird-win32.zip. Vote for bug 228259!

JimB
 
Posts: 29
Joined: June 27th, 2003, 11:31 am
Location: Illinois, USA

Post Posted December 12th, 2003, 11:58 am

I don't have the download bug 228259.

Under Tools / Options / Downloads, I have "Ask me where to save every file" selected.

I did a search on my hard drive and I couldn't find any folders with file names
.
HOME: Win 2K & XP SP2
WORK: Win XP SP2

whorfin

User avatar
 
Posts: 326
Joined: April 1st, 2003, 3:11 pm

Post Posted December 12th, 2003, 12:08 pm

I also have that option selected, and likewise do not experience the 'extra directory created for downloads' bug.

But, it does need to be fixed.
Lighten up, Francis

old momokatte
 
Posts: 0
Joined: December 31st, 1969, 5:00 pm

Post Posted December 12th, 2003, 12:09 pm

So far, I only get the extra folder when downloading executable files. Everything else has downloaded normally.

JimB
 
Posts: 29
Joined: June 27th, 2003, 11:31 am
Location: Illinois, USA

Post Posted December 12th, 2003, 12:23 pm

momokatte wrote:So far, I only get the extra folder when downloading executable files. Everything else has downloaded normally.


I just downloaded the FirebirdSetup.exe and did another search of my hard drive. The only thing I found was a short cut in my recent folder on my W2K pc.
HOME: Win 2K & XP SP2
WORK: Win XP SP2

ByTor201
 
Posts: 573
Joined: November 26th, 2003, 10:36 am
Location: 40:53:21N 74:02:46W

Post Posted December 12th, 2003, 2:02 pm

momokatte wrote:So far, I only get the extra folder when downloading executable files. Everything else has downloaded normally.

That makes the bug even more confusing. Why would it only appear on executables for some and on all files for others? :-k

old momokatte
 
Posts: 0
Joined: December 31st, 1969, 5:00 pm

Post Posted December 12th, 2003, 2:17 pm

ByTor201 wrote:
momokatte wrote:So far, I only get the extra folder when downloading executable files. Everything else has downloaded normally.

That makes the bug even more confusing. Why would it only appear on executables for some and on all files for others? :-k

Okay, I have it narrowed down. If you have it set to automatically save to disk for a filetype, left-clicking on the file will automatically save the file to disk properly. But if you're prompted for what to do with the file, and select "Save to Disk", it creates the extra folder. It does this for me for all filetypes not automatically handled by Firebird.

Right-clicking on a file and selecting "Save Link to Disk" never exhibits the problem.

MozJF
 
Posts: 2007
Joined: July 14th, 2003, 10:07 am
Location: Near Atlantic Ocean

Post Posted December 12th, 2003, 2:28 pm

I added your latest post to bug, in order to help fixing it. I hope you won't be upset.
MozJF

old momokatte
 
Posts: 0
Joined: December 31st, 1969, 5:00 pm

Post Posted December 12th, 2003, 2:33 pm

No prob. And I'll pretend you didn't misspell my username three times. ;)

Lost User 12105
 
Posts: 0
Joined: December 31st, 1969, 5:00 pm

Post Posted December 12th, 2003, 4:22 pm

momokatte wrote:No prob. And I'll pretend you didn't misspell my username three times. ;)

As Shakespeare said, "What's in a username? A rose by any other username would smell as sweet." : )

Minsc
 
Posts: 25
Joined: December 7th, 2003, 5:08 pm

Post Posted December 12th, 2003, 5:06 pm

momokatte wrote:
ByTor201 wrote:
momokatte wrote:So far, I only get the extra folder when downloading executable files. Everything else has downloaded normally.

That makes the bug even more confusing. Why would it only appear on executables for some and on all files for others? :-k

Okay, I have it narrowed down. If you have it set to automatically save to disk for a filetype, left-clicking on the file will automatically save the file to disk properly. But if you're prompted for what to do with the file, and select "Save to Disk", it creates the extra folder. It does this for me for all filetypes not automatically handled by Firebird.

Right-clicking on a file and selecting "Save Link to Disk" never exhibits the problem.


I have it set to "Ask me where to save every file" and haven't had this problem (currently using 20031211 build). Once I finish downloading and install the 20031212 build I'll see if I can get this new folder bug to work.

Return to Firefox Builds


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest