Offical20031216 build out!

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Peter(6)

Post by Peter(6) »

nightly build threads 20040225 (FF 0.8.0+) - 20120331 (FF14a)
khc

Post by khc »

any word on the crashing when saving images bug? i looked at the checkins but couldnt tell if it's fixed yet or just being worked on or whatever...
The Drake

Post by The Drake »

The "Save Link to Disk" bug is fixed.
ara

Post by ara »

khc wrote:any word on the crashing when saving images bug? i looked at the checkins but couldnt tell if it's fixed yet or just being worked on or whatever...

From an initial test of this, I <i>believe it is now fixed</i>, but I could be wrong. Either way, this is the first more solid build since 20031208 and I'm happier with it than everything that came between.

Good work, Firebird team!! Thanks a ton, guys!! Keep it up!!
roYal

Post by roYal »

for some reason, the google searchbar doesn't work. Is this happening to other people as well?
roYal

Post by roYal »

nevermind
p3lvicthrust

Post by p3lvicthrust »

google search bar is working for me, seems like a good build on win2k
AGSHender

Post by AGSHender »

I first experienced the "create folder based on downloaded file name" bug yesterday, though I had read about it prior to that. When I went into my download folder and saw the folder with the file in it, I actually had a good idea:

This should be an option in Firebird.

No kidding. It's not behavior you want by default, but just a single checkbox in either the download options or even the "Save As" dialog would be neat. There's already a create new folder button, but maybe some people like to organize their downloads a little differently, and that's certainly faster than creating a new folder then naming it, even if just by a few seconds.

Now it's fixed, though. Thoughts?
AGSHender

Post by AGSHender »

Oh yes, and updating from the 2003-12-12 build to the newest nightly breaks RSS Reader Panel for me--it won't display any news feeds anymore in the sidebar.
bIOHZRd

Post by bIOHZRd »

AGSHender wrote:Now it's fixed, though. Thoughts?

Thank god it's fixed!

Hehe, I'm not exactly sure how it worked, but I like to keep my DLs organized a bit differently than a new folder for each one.

Gonna check this build out, as I am still running 12-08 version for obvious reasons.
AGSHender

Post by AGSHender »

bIOHZRd wrote:Hehe, I'm not exactly sure how it worked, but I like to keep my DLs organized a bit differently than a new folder for each one.

Well, I meant as an option with a toggle. I don't think I'd want it as the default option or something to happen 100% of the time, but on some occasions it might be nice (as well as other people possibly liking it all the time, as well).
hvymtl

Post by hvymtl »

AGSHender wrote:I first experienced the "create folder based on downloaded file name" bug yesterday, though I had read about it prior to that. When I went into my download folder and saw the folder with the file in it, I actually had a good idea:

This should be an option in Firebird.

No kidding. It's not behavior you want by default, but just a single checkbox in either the download options or even the "Save As" dialog would be neat. There's already a create new folder button, but maybe some people like to organize their downloads a little differently, and that's certainly faster than creating a new folder then naming it, even if just by a few seconds.

Now it's fixed, though. Thoughts?

my sugestion is the download sort extension. you can find it at http://downloadstatusbar.mozdev.org/downsort/. i think it is a much clever way of handling things. you can create rules by file extension and it will place the files in the folders you want them.

for people that download a lot of files i guess it would become very confusing, IMHO.
Old Persist

Post by Old Persist »

This is a good build, I think.
ByTor201

Post by ByTor201 »

ara wrote:From an initial test of this, I <i>believe it is now fixed</i>, but I could be wrong. Either way, this is the first more solid build since 20031208 and I'm happier with it than everything that came between.

This is definitely a step in the right direction. But, the big difference that strikes me about this build versus build 20031208 is that you don't get the "Save As" dialog after clicking on a file to download.
[EDIT]
More specifically, I should say that in build 20031208, after clicking a file to download, you would get a file listing and a chance to rename the file. This was good for downloading files that wouldn't work with the "Save link to disk" such as links that would redirect you to scripts. I'd like to see that put back in.
[/EDIT]
Last edited by ByTor201 on December 16th, 2003, 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.