MozillaZine

1/15 gdi-svg win build broken?

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
ckjnigel
 
Posts: 285
Joined: November 5th, 2002, 12:37 am

Post Posted January 15th, 2003, 2:56 pm

On Win Me, wouldn't get past dragon splash. Anybody else have the problem? (I'm doing this from 2003010923 gdi-svg which has been working great.)

herman
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: November 7th, 2002, 3:45 pm

Post Posted January 15th, 2003, 3:39 pm

ckjnigel wrote:On Win Me, wouldn't get past dragon splash. Anybody else have the problem? (I'm doing this from 2003010923 gdi-svg which has been working great.)

I´ll test it on Win98 in half a hour. Can I just unzip into the usual folder,
or do I better have to create a fresh one?
Are there any drawbacks besides downloadtime and diskspace used,
if you use a svg-mozilla for non-svg-browsing?

2 Megs more on disk don´t matter, but the system I´m using now got only a Celeron333 with 96 MB.

herman

jgraham

User avatar
 
Posts: 558
Joined: November 28th, 2002, 10:20 am
Location: Cambridge, UK

Post Posted January 15th, 2003, 4:10 pm

herman wrote:Are there any drawbacks besides downloadtime and diskspace used,
if you use a svg-mozilla for non-svg-browsing?


Not that I've ever noticed.

herman wrote:2 Megs more on disk don´t matter, but the system I´m using now got only a Celeron333 with 96 MB.

herman


Heh. Try running Mozilla on a P166 (I think) with 48Mb of RAM... then you'll realise how precious the people in the phonix forum saying things like 'Mozilla is monsterous, it takes 10 seconds to start!' is. Not that I do this, but my g/f does (she.needs email and Mozilla is better than phoenix with external mail since I can provide tech support). Anyway, I'm getting way off topic here,

dzeleznik
 
Posts: 1
Joined: January 15th, 2003, 4:28 pm

Post Posted January 15th, 2003, 4:32 pm

I noticed that sometime around Jan 10-13 the GDI zips were missing GDIPLUS.DLL in the bin directory. If this is your problem, just copy it there from your .NET install. I also noticed that these zips had gdiplus packaged in the chrome directory, not sure why- maybe a mistake.

herman
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: November 7th, 2002, 3:45 pm

Post Posted January 15th, 2003, 6:03 pm

dzeleznik wrote:I noticed that sometime around Jan 10-13 the GDI zips were missing GDIPLUS.DLL in the bin directory. If this is your problem, just copy it there from your .NET install. I also noticed that these zips had gdiplus packaged in the chrome directory, not sure why- maybe a mistake.


Thanks for the tip.
Download and unzipping was ok, but it stuck at the dragon splash.
After restart, I went here to report, read your post, and copied a GDIPLUS.DLL 1667 KB 27.11.01 13:18 to the bin folder,
and it is working now: Build ID: 2003011513

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.3b) Gecko/20030114

herman

Return to SeaMonkey Builds


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest