2004-01-21 Builds Now Available (Win32, OSX)

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
mscott

2004-01-21 Builds Now Available (Win32, OSX)

Post by mscott »

** 1/21 builds are a respin of the 1/20 builds with two fixes I said were fixed but were not picked up in the 1/20 build**

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/ ... -21-trunk/

Some of the new changes include:

1) Saving imap attachments sometimes causes us to re-download the attachment

2) Fix for last week's regression with the priority getting set to Highest instead of Normal for outgoing messages.

3) The addressing bug where you drag an address that has a comma in the name like:
"Smith, John" <jsmith@foo.com> and we incorrectly split that address into two parts. *Fixed in 1/21 Respin*

4) Dragging an address from the contacts sidebar to the addressing envelope no longer causes the attachment bucket to snap open. *Fixed in 1/21 Respin*

5) IMAP improvements to fix issues with inaccurate unread message counts

Known Issues
1) Regression in dragging attachments from the mail window to the desktop. We always drop the last attachment and not necessarily the attachment you selected if the message has multiple attachments.

2) Reports that last week's new feature: dragging attachments to the desktop is not working on OSX.
Last edited by mscott on January 28th, 2004, 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thunderbirds are Go!
DizzyWeb

Post by DizzyWeb »

5) IMAP improvements to fix issues with inaccurate unread message counts

Finally! Downloading now...
The author can never, in no way, be held responsible for any harm caused, mental or physical, by reading this post.
Dunderklumpen

Post by Dunderklumpen »

So far so good. No issues after the first run. Great work!
R4F

Post by R4F »

Did something happen that took my print button drop down arrow and ate it? It's there on Dec.23rd build and gone in this one. Same theme, same profile.

Dunder, can you confirm?
[size=9:0df8c2550c]Firefox Help | Nederlands
Thunderbird Help | Nederlands[/size:0df8c2550c]
Dunderklumpen

Post by Dunderklumpen »

No, sorry - mine is still there. I am using the default theme.
R4F

Post by R4F »

Thanks. Something's up with the Get All Messages extension's drop down marker as well. It disappears on:hover. Must be that damned Orbit Blue theme..
[size=9:0df8c2550c]Firefox Help | Nederlands
Thunderbird Help | Nederlands[/size:0df8c2550c]
Cerian

Flame-proof Troosers

Post by Cerian »

*pulls on flame-proof troosers*

Possibly the only person who wants to hear this is mscott but I never encounter the regressions on these forums and just use TB for reading IMAP and POP mail with no problems (win2k, variety of machines). Admittedly I can't be bothered with extensions but for me TB just rocks and gets better each iteration. Kudos to mscott and his team for a fantastic bit of software :D

*hunkers down behind sandbags and fire-extinguisher cache*
christian

Post by christian »

works fine here, thanks mscott :)
God is a comedian playing to an audience, too afraid to laugh.
johnstoj

To Make Thunderbird Perfect

Post by johnstoj »

I block the loading of remote images to prevent spammers from tracking my every move. However there are many legitimate emails where I would like the images be shown. My current mail client is the web based SquirrelMail, and it has two features I would love to see in Thunderbird. The first one is the ability to view unsafe/remote images at the click of a button. The other is the ability of the mail client to "learn" which emails to always show images for without having to click a button. Just implementing one of those options would make me a full time Thunderbird user. The rest of the features just plain rock.
jhirshon

Re: To Make Thunderbird Perfect

Post by jhirshon »

johnstoj wrote:I block the loading of remote images to prevent spammers from tracking my every move. However there are many legitimate emails where I would like the images be shown. My current mail client is the web based SquirrelMail, and it has two features I would love to see in Thunderbird. The first one is the ability to view unsafe/remote images at the click of a button. The other is the ability of the mail client to "learn" which emails to always show images for without having to click a button. Just implementing one of those options would make me a full time Thunderbird user. The rest of the features just plain rock.

agreed on both items for me!
christos

Post by christos »

Missing all icons from the File->(subfolder menu). The problem appears in both IMAP folder structure and local folders.

--Christos
fishbert

SMTP server selection per account?

Post by fishbert »

Where did the 'Advanced' button go in the Server Settings item on the Account Settings dialog box? Has it moved somewhere else? I cannot resize the dialog box; perhaps it is just outside the window? I haven't really used it for a while, so I don't know when, exactly, it went missing; but I don't see it there now. Am I just unaware of an old UI change? How am I to select which SMTP servers I want to use for each of my accounts without maybe manually editting prefs.js?
mscott

Post by mscott »

fishbert wrote:Where did the 'Advanced' button go in the Server Settings item on the Account Settings dialog box? Has it moved somewhere else? I cannot resize the dialog box; perhaps it is just outside the window? I haven't really used it for a while, so I don't know when, exactly, it went missing; but I don't see it there now. Am I just unaware of an old UI change? How am I to select which SMTP servers I want to use for each of my accounts without maybe manually editting prefs.js?
hmm...it's in the same place it has always been. Does it look like your dialog is clipping it off? It is just to the right of Clean up and the Empty Trash check boxes.
Thunderbirds are Go!
fishbert

Post by fishbert »

yeah, the dialog is clipped in Server Settings, Security, and the parent blah@blahblah.org panes for each account I have set up, as well as the Local Folders pane. The 'Options' dialog box also is clipped in the General and Display panes, but I can resize that dialog, so it's not that big of an issue. As sort of an aside; being able to resize the 'Account Settings' dialog box would be nice on its own merit anyway (if it's not too difficult a thing to implement).
christos

Post by christos »

christos wrote:Missing all icons from the File->(subfolder menu). The problem appears in both IMAP folder structure and local folders.

Am I being ignored here? :)

Switching back to the 0113 executable solves the problem.