MozillaZine


Calendar for Phoenix?

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
old Neil Parks
Moderator
 
Posts: 0
Joined: December 31st, 1969, 5:00 pm

Post Posted April 2nd, 2003, 8:29 am

hawks5999 wrote:I don't know if this is common knowledge or not.... but the Mozilla Calendar @ http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar works with Phoenix if you just launch Phoenix with the -calendar option.


Yes and no.

It started up very nicely. But as soon as I entered an event it went into uncontrollable convulsions. Exiting and restarting did not help.

navegante

User avatar
 
Posts: 193
Joined: February 11th, 2003, 6:38 pm
Location: Porto , Portugal

Post Posted April 2nd, 2003, 9:08 am

hawks5999 wrote:I don't know if this is common knowledge or not.... but the Mozilla Calendar @ http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar works with Phoenix if you just launch Phoenix with the -calendar option.


And is there a kitchen sink??? :(

No advanced preferences but u get a kitchen sink! :(
"The interest in encouraging freedom of expression in a democratic society outweighs any theoretical but unproven benefit of censorship."

Lado Negro da WEB
http://www.ladonegro.net

hawks5999

User avatar
 
Posts: 28
Joined: December 28th, 2002, 2:08 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Post Posted April 2nd, 2003, 11:11 am

Neil Parks wrote:
Yes and no.

It started up very nicely. But as soon as I entered an event it went into uncontrollable convulsions. Exiting and restarting did not help.


I think what you were seeing is the list of events that are at the top of Calendar. Drag the bar down so that the list is available and i think the convulsions will stop.

I've had no trouble entering events or subscribing to icalshare.com calendars.

one note, it didn't seem to work with the 3/31 build. the 4/1 is working fine though.

DizzyWeb

User avatar
 
Posts: 637
Joined: March 27th, 2003, 9:56 am

Post Posted April 2nd, 2003, 11:59 am

Is it just me or wouldn't a calendar be more usefull in a mail client, like Minotaur?

At least, I'd just love to have it in Minotaur... I'm using Outlook, but if I had an application that could replace the mail & calendar functionality in Outlook, i'd be thrilled :)

Maneo

User avatar
 
Posts: 56
Joined: January 31st, 2003, 4:31 pm
Location: France

Post Posted April 2nd, 2003, 12:11 pm

Do not need a calendar in a web browser that's really stupid ! I need a web browser and nothing else. No mail no calendar nothing !

MoNkaholic

User avatar
 
Posts: 1786
Joined: November 9th, 2002, 8:21 pm
Location: New York, NY

Post Posted April 2nd, 2003, 5:49 pm

I think calendar would be better suited as part of minotaur, rather than a browser.

Allenz

User avatar
 
Posts: 788
Joined: December 12th, 2002, 5:44 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Post Posted April 2nd, 2003, 6:15 pm

DizzyWeb wrote:Is it just me or wouldn't a calendar be more usefull in a mail client, like Minotaur?
At least, I'd just love to have it in Minotaur... I'm using Outlook, but if I had an application that could replace the mail & calendar functionality in Outlook, i'd be thrilled :)


I fully agree. I have tried the Mozilla calendar, but having it integrated with the Browser was "unnatural" and have gone back to Outlook for now.

flatrabbit

User avatar
 
Posts: 383
Joined: November 5th, 2002, 6:41 pm
Location: the land of kirk

Post Posted April 2nd, 2003, 8:45 pm

i think that a calendar extension would be better suited to Minotaur.
flatrabbit
-- A conscience does not prevent sin. It only prevents you from enjoying it.
‡ [ home | give | game ] ‡

old Neil Parks
Moderator
 
Posts: 0
Joined: December 31st, 1969, 5:00 pm

Post Posted April 3rd, 2003, 11:32 am

Wouldn't a standalone calendar pgm be even better than one that integrates with a browser or a mail/news client?

Allenz

User avatar
 
Posts: 788
Joined: December 12th, 2002, 5:44 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Post Posted April 3rd, 2003, 12:47 pm

Neil Parks wrote:Wouldn't a standalone calendar pgm be even better than one that integrates with a browser or a mail/news client?


My preference would be to have the Calendar integrate with the Mail/News client. There is often a need to have both mail and a calendar open all day to track appointments and receive new mail notifications. Combining them would mean only having one application sitting in the task bar instead of two. This combination is one of the good features of Outlook.

michel v

User avatar
 
Posts: 145
Joined: November 5th, 2002, 8:54 am
Location: Corsica

Post Posted April 3rd, 2003, 1:19 pm

Maneo wrote:Do not need a calendar in a web browser that's really stupid ! I need a web browser and nothing else. No mail no calendar nothing !

Don't worry, no one will force you to download the possible calendar extension...

Aqua.

User avatar
 
Posts: 489
Joined: March 5th, 2003, 4:38 pm
Location: North Carolina

Post Posted April 3rd, 2003, 1:27 pm

My $0.02

I think Calendar should be available as a separate program.

It should also be an extensions, just like Minotaur.

michel v

User avatar
 
Posts: 145
Joined: November 5th, 2002, 8:54 am
Location: Corsica

Post Posted April 3rd, 2003, 4:23 pm

Aqua. wrote:It should also be an extensions, just like Minotaur.

Minotaur is not an extension. :)

Chris Cook

User avatar
 
Posts: 898
Joined: December 14th, 2002, 9:57 am
Location: Québec, Canada

Post Posted April 3rd, 2003, 6:33 pm

michel v wrote:
Aqua. wrote:It should also be an extensions, just like Minotaur.

Minotaur is not an extension. :)

It will be...either standalone or an extension.

jakemonO

User avatar
 
Posts: 5
Joined: April 4th, 2003, 10:28 am
Location: New York

Post Posted April 4th, 2003, 10:32 am

I think that calendar should be standalone, but integrateable with any (or the default) e-mail clients for sending and receiving calendar invitations. See Lotus' Organizer product for a nice demonstration of how that's done

Return to Firefox Features


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest