Tab KEY won't work on Firefox 2

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Solange

Tab KEY won't work on Firefox 2

Post by Solange »

Hello! :)

I just installed Firefox 2. I did not upgrade from an earlier version, as I reinstalled the computer before I did it, so this was a fresh install of FF. I'm running windows xp pro.

For some strange reason the tab key won't work in Firefox. If I try to log in to my mail for example, and I want to "tab" from addy to password field, nothing happens. Nothing is wrong with the keyboard, tab key works fine on IE and other programs. Alt-tab also works like a charm.

So what did I mess up this time? :)

Very thankful for any hints and suggestions you might have! :)
Tranton

Post by Tranton »

This sounds like it is probably the focus bug. Try F1 to open help, ctrl-W to close it, and see if tab starts working then.
This should be fixed soon, in Firefox 2.0.0.1 or 2.0.0.2.
see:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=495539
Solange

Post by Solange »

Thank you for your fast reply! :)

I can't access help through F1. If I open it through the menu, I can close it with ctrl-W. Still no change in the tab key...

I'm glad you think it might be fixed soon, I'll try to hang in there! :)

I did try to search for an answer, but you can imagine how many hits I got using the word "tab" in the search... :D
Solange

Post by Solange »

I have now noticed that I also have problems copying and pasting using Ctrl C and Ctrl V. I can't copy text from a web page and then paste it in to an email body or post on a forum. I can however inside the text box of an email of post on forum use the commands.

Using the mouse works of course, if I select some text I can right click, press copy, and then paste it in to a post or email.
Solange

Post by Solange »

Problem solved, it was an extension issue... Paste & Go latest version causes this, several have reported this. Apparently it doesn't happen to everyone, maybe there is a flaw in the universe as well... :D

Anyway, an older version of the extension, and most of my problems are history. Unless someone here is a real wizard when it comes to hardware... (*,)

Thanks for the help! :)