Certificate problems in trunk nightlies

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
Andy Boze

Certificate problems in trunk nightlies

Post by Andy Boze »

After Dec 5's nightly, I started getting "Website Certified by an Unknown Authority" dialog boxes popping up on Web sites and e-mail servers. It says it can't verify the identity of whatever server as a trusted site. Anyone else notice this? It's happening for me on both my PCs. I didn't see any reports on Bugzilla. I was going to try again in a later nightly, but there hasn't been one since Saturday.
But then again, I may be wrong.
Tony-E

Post by Tony-E »

It is bug #362980[Core:Security: UI]-Unable to verify the identity of [www.something.com] as a trusted site [Win]

The patch landed on the trunk a couple of days after the report.
Andy Boze

Post by Andy Boze »

Thanks. Somehow I never manage to search Bugzilla right to find what I'm looking for.
But then again, I may be wrong.
Mari Fujii

Post by Mari Fujii »

We just started to notice this certificate error with our Firefox users for one of our https websites. Website has an up-to-date certificate from Verisign installed. Users are running Firefox 1.5.0.9, and another was running Firefox 2.0.0.1.

Is there a patchfix or a later Firefox version that should be installed to fix this?

Thank you!
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen »

This thread was about certificate problems with development builds, not release builds...

Your bug is likely different.