[Request] Split Screen

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
e7ats

[Request] Split Screen

Post by e7ats »

There use to be an Add-on Called Split Screen. With FF 2.0 that Add-on extension was not updated. Someone did come up with Split Pannel 0.3 (Yes spelled that way) but it doesn't offer the ability to make your tabs one screen/side by side/or tiled. Can someone make this up?
max1million

Post by max1million »

For Split Pannel, Split in context menu (right click) of page. It opens to the left of the tabbed area, then just select another tab to see 2 different pages.
alta88

Post by alta88 »

max1million - would it be possible to enhance the extension to split horizontally (below main page)? this would help a lot with content more landscape oriented..

thanks.
max1million

Split Pannel Horizontal

Post by max1million »

I was just doing that, for that same reason. Here it is for now. Split Pannel Horizontal

Wonders if it should be version 4 or a separate extension. As it is now it will replace the other when installed.
alta88

Post by alta88 »

hey, that's great!

i pretty strongly think it should be part of the same extension. so the context menu would be something like "Split Left" and "Split Bottom", because usage can easily vary depending on site etc.

it would be even better to perhaps allow more flexibility, ie split right/split top as well. while split top might be odd with tabs, i'd certainly prefer split right for portrait views than split left.

thanks a lot.
e7ats

Post by e7ats »

The old split screen would make the screen in half or in quarters. You then had the ability to resize the page top to bottom and side to side. You could also change the web page in any of the tabs. With this new Split Pannel you can not change the page unless you click the a link in that panel. Once I tried that and it opened up into a full screen and closed down my main page of FF. :(
max1million

Post by max1million »

alta88 wrote:... part of the same extension...
I could do that some day.

e7ats You can click on link in page, change the tab and load a new page in it by selecting Split again, or just close it with the button in title bar of the panel at the right. As for it closing the window I'd suspect it was the link. I found Split Screen on extensionsmirror, it needs to be bumped for FF 2 though. It copies the whole browser window, which I don't want.
max1million

Post by max1million »

Give this one http://www.geocities.com/max1million/sp ... 0.4-fx.zip a test and see what it does for you.

Open panel to left, bottom or right (left,middle or right click) with current URL from Split on context menu and Navigation buttons.
tlast

Post by tlast »

This is fantastic, thank you.
max1million

Post by max1million »