Connection refused problem

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
mkuiter

Connection refused problem

Post by mkuiter »

I have a big "the connection was refused when attempting to connect to www....." problem. This occurs everytime with all sites. I tried as many phoenix builds as I can get my hands on with the same effect. I have the same problem with Opera 7. IE and Netscape (7.01) work fine though, no problems there. I tried Phoenix 0.5 a couple of weeks ago and I never had that problem then. In the meantime I switched NIC's but switching back didn't solve my current problem either. I'm using WinXP Pro and I don't use proxies. I'm directly connected to the internet via cable.

Help, please? anyone?
Dreambot

Post by Dreambot »

Sounds like a firewall problem, the one thing you haven't mentioned yet. Do you use one and which one?
-]^'^[- Have you seen the Dutch mountains? -]^'^[-
alanjstr

Post by alanjstr »

Is the built in firewall enabled?
Former UMO Admin, Former MozillaZine General Mod
I am rarely on mozillaZine, so please do not send me a private message.
My Old Firefox config files
mkuiter

Post by mkuiter »

Yes, I'm feeling a bit stupid now; it was indeed the firewall... I use Norton Personal Firewall and I totally forgot that I had to configure it manually for Phoenix to let it through. Thanks guys for reminding me.
Micha the not so Old

I had this problem too

Post by Micha the not so Old »

but it wasn't the firewall, I use Outpost. I thought it was the nightly. I found if I went back to a nightly that did work, and used that until I tried a later nightly which also worked, and some didn't, I could overcome this problem.
mkuiter

Post by mkuiter »

Indeed, the nightly I use did work after manual adjustment of the firewall, but the regular 0.5 and also the 0.5 Black Edition still don't work after manual adjustment of the firewall.