What's the meaning of these two user preferences?!

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
satyr

What's the meaning of these two user preferences?!

Post by satyr »

Hey all, I know that I could probably fing this info in the Mozilla KB, Wiki etc, but please understand that I am still on dial-up and so I don't want to spend too much time online if it's not necessary.

So yeah, I am just interested in what's the difference (not meaning as it is in the topic's title) between the following two "user_pref" entries in Firefox's prefs.js file:

"browser.download.defaultFolder"
"browser.download.dir"

Is maybe one of them deprecated??

satyr
If you want to, please check out my site: tadej-ivan.50webs.com, and enjoy reading my computing-related discoveries, hints, principles, and rules.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries#Browser..2A

Scroll down until you find them.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
satyr

Post by satyr »

OK, thanks much ...

satyr
If you want to, please check out my site: tadej-ivan.50webs.com, and enjoy reading my computing-related discoveries, hints, principles, and rules.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

I would have posted my thoughts on what they mean, but I would have flubbed it up. :D
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.