A question on 'browser.history_expire_days' pref

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
satyr

A question on 'browser.history_expire_days' pref

Post by satyr »

Hey all, I am curious: for how long should Firefox store the history of visited pages after the limit that I've set in the "user.js" file?? I have the following lines in my "user.js" file (oh and btw. what is the second ".mirror" one's purpose):

user_pref("browser.history_expire_days", 8);
user_pref("browser.history_expire_days.mirror", 8);

I mean, I see this in "History tab": "Today", "Yesterday", "2 days ago", "6 days ago", "Older than 6 days", and so I am also interested how long after this 6 days limit Firefox keeps visited pages's entries??!

/edited: Well, I noticed afterwards that I have "browser.history_expire_days" pref set to 8 days and not 6 (as you can also see above in those two lines pasted from the "user.js" file. So this basically answers my main question, i.e. Firefox stores the visited pages's entries for 8 days (which is 2 more days after 6, so in the "Older than 6 days" branch, there are entries for two days)

satyr
Last edited by satyr on April 5th, 2007, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you want to, please check out my site: tadej-ivan.50webs.com, and enjoy reading my computing-related discoveries, hints, principles, and rules.
frcan

Post by frcan »

To your last question, I would say that it will keep the history for as long as you set it up in Tools > Options > Privacy > History.
satyr

Post by satyr »

Hey, thanks for an almost instant reply ...

satyr
If you want to, please check out my site: tadej-ivan.50webs.com, and enjoy reading my computing-related discoveries, hints, principles, and rules.