MozillaZine

Opening two web email accounts at once in seperate browsers

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
izhlsjd

Post Posted April 25th, 2007, 7:41 pm

In Internet Explorer I could have open separate browser windows containing different yahoo email accounts at the same time.

In Firefox I have to sign out of one account in order to open another. For example, if I have one account open in one browser window and then open a new browser window the same account opens automatically and if I sign out of the account that opens and log into a different account the email account in the first browser window tells me that the session has expired but it says this even if it has only been two seconds.

How can I set my preferences so hat separate browser windows open can have open separate email accounts. It think this involves setting things so that I am not remembered somehow. thanks

Swami

Post Posted April 25th, 2007, 7:49 pm

izhlsjd

Post Posted April 25th, 2007, 11:36 pm

Thank you so much. the Nextra cookie pie worked well.

I am wondering though, Internet Explorer does it automatically where you can open several email windows at once. Is there a way at installation to have Firefox behave the same way. I remember selecting a box at installation that said remember something or other. If I uninstalled my browser and then reinstalled it and didn't check the box this time would the browser automatically not remember my email accounts and so open new ones in each window and allow me to have several accounts open at once without using something like cookie pie?

Thanks again so much for your help.

the-edmeister

Post Posted April 25th, 2007, 11:49 pm

Firefox runs one process for all the windows you may have open, IE does it differently by initiating a new process for every new window. Technically you can get Firefox to work the same as IE with using command line options with different user Profiles, but for something such as multiple email accounts using the cookies extension works out best.
http://www.mozilla.org/docs/command-line-args.html

Ed
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.

Return to Firefox Support