SUITERUNNER has landed.

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
Philip Chee

SUITERUNNER has landed.

Post by Philip Chee »

The MOZ_XUL_SWITCH has been thrown. SuiteRunner has landed on the trunk and the tinderboxen are now cycling as I speak, er type. XPFE is dead, long live SuiteRunner!

Phil
LoRd_MuldeR

Post by LoRd_MuldeR »

Can yo tell where the builds are located?
Hendikins

Post by Hendikins »

Nowhere yet :)

All nightly builds from this point will be suiterunner builds, and are labelled as 2.0a1pre.
LoRd_MuldeR

Post by LoRd_MuldeR »

Ah, okay. So I will simply find them here, right?
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/nightly/
Hendikins

Post by Hendikins »

I would assume so, yes.
LoRd_MuldeR

Post by LoRd_MuldeR »

LoRd_MuldeR wrote:Ah, okay. So I will simply find them here, right?
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/nightly/

Jup, "seamonkey-2.0a1pre.en-US.mac.dmg" has arrived in "2007-05-29-09-trunk" :)

No Win32 build so far it seems...
Hendikins

Post by Hendikins »

They'll arrive in due course, and I'll fix my autofox script in due course too :)
fperini

Post by fperini »

Suiterunner1.5a has a long way to go before it is anything like Seamonkey1.5a.
It is a sad thing. Too many bugs to list.

Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a5pre) Gecko/2007052711 SeaMonkey/1.5a
WinXP SP3, 512 MB, FF3.6.17 and Firefox3.6.17 portable, FF 4.01, Thunderbird 3.1.10 , SM2.0.13, Google Chrome, Avast AV.
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen »

*sniff* XPFE has served us well for years, though. I'm not objecting to the switch, but just remember it. :(
Hendikins

Post by Hendikins »

fperini wrote:Suiterunner1.5a has a long way to go before it is anything like Seamonkey1.5a.
It is a sad thing. Too many bugs to list.

Well, if you're on trunk builds, you can't really complain when we spring a crash landing on you. Although we haven't had a proper crash landing in yonks...

The fact of the matter is, this is a major change, and of course some things are going to be different or broken. This is why it happens in the <i>alpha</i> stage of development. By the time it gets to release stage it will be in much better shape than the current XPFE builds are in.

If you are in a position that means you can't handle the changes, trunk builds aren't the best thing for you to be using. I'm happily using Suiterunner (and have done for a while), and I know it isn't up to the same level of quality as XPFE SeaMonkey is right now, but that is the risk you take using the latest <i>development</i> code.
RDaneel

Post by RDaneel »

For the adventurous [Windows] types, there are now both installer and zip packages on the Mozilla FTP site (apparently 2007052914 trunk builds)...

Note that the installer packages are now considerably smaller than with previous trunk Windows builds - I would assume this is because of using the NSIS installer with "lzma" option, or maybe it is just "bzip2" - either one would beat the pants off of gzip-style compression. ;)

In any case, we are certainly living in "interesting times".
LoRd_MuldeR

Post by LoRd_MuldeR »

RDaneel wrote:For the adventurous [Windows] types, there are now both installer and zip packages on the Mozilla FTP site (apparently 2007052914 trunk builds)...

Note that the installer packages are now considerably smaller than with previous trunk Windows builds - I would assume this is because of using the NSIS installer with "lzma" option, or maybe it is just "bzip2" - either one would beat the pants off of gzip-style compression. ;)

In any case, we are certainly living in "interesting times".

Very nice :D :D :D

Seems 2.0a isn't less stable than 1.5a was! Also the Firefox-like Add-on Manager is great.
I only wonder why "View" -> "Apply Theme" is still there, but doesn't do anything!
(made me think Skin-Support is disabled for a short moment, until I noticed it moved to Add-on Mgr)

Only thing I'm missing at this moment is Adblock Plus and NoScript - both don't like SeaMonkey 2.0a yet :(
Hendikins

Post by Hendikins »

LoRd_MuldeR wrote:I only wonder why "View" -> "Apply Theme" is still there, but doesn't do anything!
(made me think Skin-Support is disabled for a short moment, until I noticed it moved to Add-on Mgr)

I'm sure it will be culled in due course - Suiterunner is basically at dogfood stage (ie: usable for developers/testers).
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

LoRd_MuldeR wrote:Only thing I'm missing at this moment is Adblock Plus and NoScript - both don't like SeaMonkey 2.0a yet :(

NoScript likes it very much, actually :)
http://noscript.net/betas/noscript-1.1.4.8.070529.xpi
tqft

Post by tqft »

Can someone confirm that the build identifier:

Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9a5pre) Gecko/0000000000 SeaMonkey/2.0a1pre

means SuiteRunner.

I built from cvs a few hours ago my time and just like to check it is suiterunner. Am expecting it to be but doesn't mean it is - sometimes no usual stuff has to be updated before it builds latest.

Thanks